Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT THE FUDGE IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:37 pm

As you can see I am fairly new to this messageboard, indeed to any messageboards - not been my thing. However, as I'm now a season ticket holder down the City, their future has become more and more of a passion for me.

I initally just went on here to view info that others closer to the coalface offered as I, like many, are genuinely interested in what goes on at Cardiff City.

I notice there is a lot of banter, sometimes personal, but I take it as read that goes part and parcel with supporting a football club, and with all the characters that are supporters.

What I am amazed at is the constant sniping between this messageboard and the one on CCFC website. The jealousy and sometimes hatred is beyond belief. I realise that the 'Official' board for want of a better term, possibly is jealous of the numbers that seem to use this site, but so be it - does it really matter - at the end of the day we are all wanting the same thing aren't we? Its like a civil war for Christ Sake.

What has really annoyed me today is the McPhail saga - not because of the reporting of his alleged illness, and I for one read it all over Twitter, but the attack that Annis has had over it (and before you ask, I've never met him, don't know the guy). Whatever he posted (I didn't see it) was obviously removed ASAP. And after all it was on Twitter hours ago, so therefore in the public domain.

Whilst I agree it is not pleasant for someone's private health matters to be reported, I'm sure it was done out of genuine concern and with the intention of wishing STephen all the very best and to know that we are all behind him. The hypocrisy of those saying that its disgusting is really rich! How many times have we heard, I've seen so-and-so down the pub, out with a bird, pissed here, blah blah blah - if any of you see a player down the hospital tonight, you'll all be rushing to report it like drunken-crazy wannabee hacks.

Thankfully it seems that the news was not all it seems to be, and that McPhail is not as ill as we thought.

However, from what I can see some people seem more happy to put the knife in to Annis than the fact that McPhail is ok. Regardless of what you think of him, (and as I said I don't know him) Annis from my observation seems to have devoted his whole life to CCFC and indeed him and Carl and some of the other major contributors on here have done much to help CCFC be the club it is. Indeed a lot of people's CCFC life would be poorer for him not doiung what he does.

So to all the knockers out there - don't tell him what he should or should not do, I'm sure he can decide his own mind - and just be thankful that there is a messageboard like this that has such a huge following.

Annis (and the rest of your mob) keep up the good work

McPhail - good health for the immediate future and beyond

To the rest - lets all get behind the City and get to the Promised Land that we all hopefully strive for

:ayatollah: