Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My query on Kenny Miller - please feel free to answer.....

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Could someone provide a plausible or authentic reason why Kenny Miller left Rangers for £400,000? Was it purely for financial difficulties? Why would it have been so so cheap if he had already achieved the top scorers accolade half way through the season?

And why (according to Wikipedia, sorry!) was a £700,000 fee agreed with Birmingham and then the deal with Burpasor was the one that went through?

Not looking at this from a negative slant at all - I'm just curious and my knowledge is very limited on the info regarding these moves!

Cheers for any feedback

Re: My query on Kenny Miller - please feel free to answer.....

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:02 pm

he left Rangers for financial difficulties... no idea why he turned down Birmingham and tbh couldn't care he ours now ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:02 pm

CDF-DNB wrote:Could someone provide a plausible or authentic reason why Kenny Miller left Rangers for £400,000? Was it purely for financial difficulties? Why would it have been so so cheap if he had already achieved the top scorers accolade half way through the season?

And why (according to Wikipedia, sorry!) was a £700,000 fee agreed with Birmingham and then the deal with Burpasor was the one that went through?

Not looking at this from a negative slant at all - I'm just curious and my knowledge is very limited on the info regarding these moves!

Cheers for any feedback

he prob seen the pound signs then just did not adjust to the way of living out there. like carson gone out there i can't under stand why waste if you ask me but could be as they paying good wages.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:14 pm

wasnt he on the equivalent of 50 k a week out there?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback....much appreciated

I'm definitely glad we have signed him too and looking forward to seeing him play

But were Rangers that bad off financially that they needed to accept a cut-price sale and have they since had a turnaround financially / new owners / investors etc??

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

englishbluebird wrote:wasnt he on the equivalent of 50 k a week out there?

yeah he was, turkish clubs wages have attracted the likes of kris boyd and scott carson out there too now :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

englishbluebird wrote:wasnt he on the equivalent of 50 k a week out there?

something like that remember walter smith having dig at him for it lol

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 pm

maybe better wages and warmer climate and so on. but like many they cant adjust. remember ian rush,mark hughes etc going abroad and wernt happy. id rather play for alaska fc than birmingham :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:34 pm

I don't know why, but I think he only had 6 months left on his contract at Rangers, and they wanted to cash in on him before he became a free agent.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Frantic wrote:I don't know why, but I think he only had 6 months left on his contract at Rangers, and they wanted to cash in on him before he became a free agent.

probably,he took a risk knowing full well the worse case scenario would be hed end up bck at rangers probably on a similar wage to what he was on when he left,im persoanlly very happy hes at cardiff

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:49 pm

That makes sense now - the wages and him nearly being out of contract. If they wanted to get any cash from a transfer and nobody would pay him as much wages as they had offered at Brupasor......

Had a niggling thought in the back of my mind about us paying the excess on the fee to Burpasor in order get him here, but this helps make it much more reasonable especially if Birmingham, a team in the prem, had agreed 700,000 for him at the time.

Looking forward.......

Cheers!