Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE CITY YOUNGSTER......

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 am

What was the name of the young forward who broke his leg at the end of the season before last.....was it josh mcgiven (?)

Converted from goal keeper.

What happened to the lad?

Re: WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE CITY YOUNGSTER......

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Magennis

went to aberdeen and got 3

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 am

Maguinnes?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:33 am

Magennis yeah and he's up at Aberdeen now and so too is Jason Brown .

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

He looked promising sham dj sold a good youngster like all the other ones !

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:He looked promising sham dj sold a good youngster like all the other ones !

He was released I think, not sold. Shame really but there we go.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:46 am

Someone said he had a bad attitude. He looked alright against Blackpool but we needed more time to judge him better.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 pm

the fact he has only scored 3 goals at Aberdeen shows he was not good enough for us. Just because people have come through our academy, and are kids, does not mean they are automaticaly good enough for the first team. I hate to say it, and I hope im wrong, but from what ive personally seen of Jarvis and Farrah they are nowhere near good enough for us at this moment in time. Taking the piss at academy level is one thing but the championship is a humongous step up from that and if they dont adapt quickly then unfortunately there is no sentiment in football and they will be gone! Good luck to them as its a brutal game but if they want to make a career from the game they need to start to make some sort of impact soon.