Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Burke ......

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 am

Gutted that Burkie has gone, i reckon he woulda shone this coming season. MM's ball to feet, run at the defenders style of play would have suited him. No more of this smash the ball up field to try and head it.

All the best to Burkie at Brum though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Chris Burke ......

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 am

I'd take Routledge over Burke anyday

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 am

FFS he's gone, just forget bout him!!

I'd love kav back but hey ho

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 am

Why the fuss about Chris Burke. Never rated him, couldn't cross a bun!!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Routledge by far a better player, even though some people believe he has some other issues.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 pm

When he was on song he was great running at defenders and did look a handful but he struggled with an end product.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Burkey had plenty of ball to feet last season he did f**k all with it. Running down blind alleys most of the time.

You could tell within the first 5 minutes if Burke would have a good game or not.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

He couldnt finish for s*** as well. How many sitters did he miss last season???

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Well, i agree, last season wasnt his best ... but on his day Burke could play some fantastic footie :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFLhiAfkTUo ;)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:35 pm

burkie was at his best when we 2 or 3 goals up and the opposition were pushing more players forward to try and get back in the game leaving big open spaces for him when we counter attacked, in close games against the better sides in the division he went missing and was to lightwieght ,forget about him and move on

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Sign him back now Brum are in the Shite :D

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Gutted that Burkie has gone, i reckon he woulda shone this coming season. MM's ball to feet, run at the defenders style of play would have suited him. No more of this smash the ball up field to try and head it.

All the best to Burkie at Brum though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed mate no more smash the ball up field and hope for the best.Trouble is at the celtic game when we started to pass the ball around nicely,some of the City fans started moaning and shouting "f*cking KNOCK IT UP FIELD"!.Lets hope some fans come round to a different style of play. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm

He tried his best but was nowhere near good enough. Whether his injuries hindered him, I dont know, but at times he couldnt even beat his man to get a cross in.
Routledge is different class.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Burkey's performance away to Middlesbrough the season before last was world class. But as someone said above, he's a confidence player and you can tell in the first 5 minutes if he'd have a good game or not. Burke did little at Middlesbrough 2 seasons ago until he scored that free-kick, then he was transformed into a different player, he then went on to terrorise them, running them ragged with runs, dribbles, faints and stepovers, he was unplayable, but I don't think he would have played like that if he hadn't have scored.

I remember Coventry away last season, Burke did nothing and I would have subbed him, but then he put in the cross to set up our winner and his confidence shot up, he then went on an incredible run minutes later along the by line and nearly rounded the keeper to score.

If Burkey had confidence and belief in his ability every second he's on the pitch, he would be brilliant. But too many times, I noticed if Burkey ran at the full back, beat him and put a cross over, he would do it all game, but if he failed to beat the full back the first time, he wouldn't do it or wouldn't even attempt to try and beat him the rest of the game, meaning he would have a poor game and be very ineffective.