Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham in financial trouble...

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:57 am

already posted before I think....but just in case....never nice to see in football - even if a rival to us this year !

Birmingham City on the brink
Birmingham City Football Club is facing an exodus of top players amid a cash crisis and a money laundering court case looming over owner Carson Yeung.
With the threat of administration hanging over the club, players including goalkeeper Ben Foster and youngster Cameron Jerome are reported to be on the verge of transfers. Defender Roger Johnson and midfielder Craig Gardner have already been sold. HSBC is believed to be putting the club under pressure and should the club be placed into administration, it will face a 10-point deduction before the new season starts. Meanwhile Yeung is facing money laundering charges, which he denies, and his assets have been frozen. Earlier this year the Hong Kong-based businessman pledged his own property portfolio as security to raise funds for the club. He is due back in court in Hong Kong next month.

Re: Birmingham in financial trouble...

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:00 am

I they did go into administration and some o there players and to go get Burke back !!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:53 am

This is sad and its happening far too often these days!! Its these foerign owners that come in a bankroll the club to get a few quid and then leave the clubs completely in the shit! I know they were pretty bad on the pitch which is ultimately why they are strugling but had they spent to there means instead of over spending they would have bounced back like they have done before! Still,.. they shouldnt have been relegated and if I were Villa fan i wouldnt have too much faith in Mcliesh!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 am

easternblue wrote:This is sad and its happening far too often these days!! Its these foerign owners that come in a bankroll the club to get a few quid and then leave the clubs completely in the shit! I know they were pretty bad on the pitch which is ultimately why they are strugling but had they spent to there means instead of over spending they would have bounced back like they have done before! Still,.. they shouldnt have been relegated and if I were Villa fan i wouldnt have too much faith in Mcliesh!

f**k them.... big money bullies...remember when they bought up all the forwards we wanted just because they could...

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:50 am

When they got taken over by Carsten Yeung, it was a long, protracted takeover which involved him not having enough money, then he did. And, presumably, all completed under the watchful stare of the Premiership's fit and proper person committee. Why didn't they pick up on this before he completed his takeover?