Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newport County Season Tickets.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 am

I dont like Newport at all but was contemplating going over there tomorow to watch Bolton. For a Football Fix like.

Had a look on their website, as you do, and looked at their ticket prices.

£300 in the Grandstand
£280 on the Terrace.

For Conference Football.

Makes ours seem like a bargain, which in fairnes, I suppose they are.. :ayatollah:

Re: Newport County Season Tickets.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:50 am

When you compare that to what the Jacks were for next season, its a rip off. One of the boy's old man is a Jack and bought his season ticket for £250.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am

Why don't you come to the Parma game for a fix? :?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am

I thought they were well steep.

Should have said aswell, Im working in Newport till 3, so getting to CCS is a no no and the feckers wont let me leave early. :(

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm

thats ridiculous! i went there the season before last, new years day, as id never been to a non league game (apart from sunday league etc) and my misses is from that neck of the woods,

i wasnt expecting a high standard of football by any means, but my god such a boring game! id looked at there previous results and all i seemed to see was 4-1 5-0 3-2 etc and thought whatever happened i was in for a bit of a goal fest. turned out to be the worst 1-0 ive ever seen. never felt so lucky to be a city fan in my life!

so £300 to watch that nonsence? couldnt pay me to go again!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Premier football for me and my boy season tickets 540 the two,good show from the board there.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

540 is a bargin to watch 19 home defeats :D

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:40 pm

connersccfc wrote:thats ridiculous! i went there the season before last, new years day, as id never been to a non league game (apart from sunday league etc) and my misses is from that neck of the woods,

i wasnt expecting a high standard of football by any means, but my god such a boring game! id looked at there previous results and all i seemed to see was 4-1 5-0 3-2 etc and thought whatever happened i was in for a bit of a goal fest. turned out to be the worst 1-0 ive ever seen. never felt so lucky to be a city fan in my life!

so £300 to watch that nonsence? couldnt pay me to go again!

Well you've clearly just proven in your own post that what you saw was a one off :?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 pm

even if every game was 6-0 it would still be a rip off, my point being no matter how good a team at that level seems to be its still a hell of a lot to pay (admitidly i didnt make that very clear first time around)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Crazy Prices :roll:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Ouch - thats a bit steep.

Would you believe me when I said that Wigan Athletic only charge £250 for their season tickets

If Premiership football can be seen for £250 I would not relish the thought of watching non-league for £300.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/index.p ... tion&id=29

:shock:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Be cheaper just to get tickets for evevy game rather than a season ticket first year pro aswell sinse the new era madness. :shock:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:24 pm

I know a County fan who also puts a bit of money into the club. He loves them to death but said the quality of footy is so poor its unbelievable.
When you think how often we flirted with relegation from the dungeon, it makes you realise how lucky we are. We do see some great football at our level. :ayatollah: