Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McPhail's shirt selection ?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

why is he number 37? yes i know he was number 10 but that was always going to earnie. what made him pick 37? :ayatollah:
Last edited by Merlin on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editede title - was previously misleading from the result of 2 days of McPhail threads!

Re: McPhail

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:why is he number 37? yes i know he was number 10 but that was always going to earnie. what made him pick 37? :ayatollah:

3 plus 7 equals 10 maybe?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:why is he number 37? yes i know he was number 10 but that was always going to earnie. what made him pick 37? :ayatollah:

He choose it. Malky confirmed in Press Conference this AM.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 pm

He asked

First shirt he was given as a pro at Leeds

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 pm

It's because that was his old number at Leeds

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 pm

in about 5 articles and from malkay it says mcphail asked for 37 and the reason being it was his first number at leeds. not doing well to avoid mcphail chat lol

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 pm

jezzy666 wrote:

in about 5 articles and from malkay it says mcphail asked for 37 and the reason being it was his first number at leeds. not doing well to avoid mcphail chat lol

mate honestly i do not read the papers and stuff like that there is no point all old news. but it looks like i may be abit behind on that one lol. and atleast i now know. as i was thinking he wasnt in malkys plans. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:35 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

mate honestly i do not read the papers and stuff like that there is no point all old news. but it looks like i may be abit behind on that one lol. and atleast i now know. as i was thinking he wasnt in malkys plans. :ayatollah:

We've also discussed that topic aswell... :roll:

Even though I agree with you I don't think he is in Malky's plans, you cannot make that assumption based on a Squad Number.

Re: McPhail's shirt selection ?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:38 pm

droppy usually you dont see a number 30 odd playing much UNLESS he has picked the number himself. or you got billions to spend on players thats why i thought that.
plus i havent really been clicking on the McPhail stuff recently for obvious reasons. it was something that was playing on my mind :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:38 pm

I rate mcphail but MM has kiss, cowie and Gunarrson brought in and witts has also been playing central, so we have options.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I rate mcphail but MM has kiss, cowie and Gunarrson brought in and witts has also been playing central, so we have options.

true true i still think we could do with one more play maker mind :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I think I'd prefer two more wide players.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think I'd prefer two more wide players.

yea we need a player out on the right thats for sure. i still think we need a striker. because earnie aint going to bang in the goals like he used too. we are praying that miller can do it :|

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:droppy usually you dont see a number 30 odd playing much UNLESS he has picked the number himself. or you got billions to spend on players thats why i thought that.
plus i havent really been clicking on the McPhail stuff recently for obvious reasons. it was something that was playing on my mind :ayatollah:

You mean like: -

Craig Bellamy: 39 (last season)
Tom Heaton: 22
Gunnarson: 17
Mason: 20
Ibby Farah: 32

All of the above probably will be in Malky's plan's this year (with the exception of Bellamy so far).

Just because a person hasn't got a squad number in 1-16 does not mean they will not be in the "plans".

However in saying that, I do agree with you about the McPhail situation.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:49 pm

droopy wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:droppy usually you dont see a number 30 odd playing much UNLESS he has picked the number himself. or you got billions to spend on players thats why i thought that.

You mean like: -

Craig Bellamy: 39 (last season)
Tom Heaton: 22
Gunnarson: 17
Mason: 20
Ibby Farah: 32

All of the above probably will be in Malky's plan's this year (with the exception of Bellamy so far).

Just because a person hasn't got a squad number in 1-16 does not mean they will not be in the "plans".

However in saying that, I do agree with you about the McPhail situation.

like i said unless they picked the number. bellamy picked 39. heaton is number 2 keeper. gunnarrson not sure why hes 17 but that still not in the 30's. mason is back up. ibby farah will play about 5 games. honestly though thats usually how it goes. between 1-18 usually 1st team after that your back up :ayatollah: