Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Plastics have killed Wrexham FC

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:31 pm

if you think the sight of men walking around Cardiff and valleys wearing Man Utd, Liverpool shirts then imagine how it is in north east Wales. I lived up there for a couple of months back in 1994 and the area was dominated by Man Utd. Everton or Liverpool.

Wrexham's problem is it is so close to the north west of England. The "catchment" area for Wrexham is non existent as over the years the giants over the border have swept Wrexham's support base away.

Re: Plastics have killed Wrexham FC

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm

The problem was spending money they didn't have building a ridiculous new stand. Everything sprang from that.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 pm

i really hope they will be alright even though i dont like them i wouldnt want them out of business

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:55 pm

recharding wrote:if you think the sight of men walking around Cardiff and valleys wearing Man Utd, Liverpool shirts then imagine how it is in north east Wales. I lived up there for a couple of months back in 1994 and the area was dominated by Man Utd. Everton or Liverpool.

Wrexham's problem is it is so close to the north west of England. The "catchment" area for Wrexham is non existent as over the years the giants over the border have swept Wrexham's support base away.

Wrexham is my second team as my dad is a gog, and yes you're right.
I was up in North Wales over Easter and tried to find a pub with the QPR game which was on the BBC, it was almost impossible as they were all watching Everton. I made my thoughts clear and it ended up in a minor handbags punchup in the third pub I tried, fuckin Everton in Wales, f**k off. :twisted: :evil:
At least the fourth pub was better, old boys watching nothing and were happy for me to put the tv on in the corner, they all came over and joined in the support. Proper taffs :ayatollah: