Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how to expose a plastic fans worthless soul

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:39 pm

How many of you know a local who supports Manchester United or Liverpool etc? A good lot of you I am sure.

here is how to show them for what they really are.

I guarantee you that as a genuine fan your general football knowldege will be superior. So simpley engage said plastic into talking about "his" club.

For instance, say I am talking to a Liverpool plastic fan.

"Yeah I like Liverpool. Obvioulsy I feel a greater link to my local club as that is part of my roots and culture. anyway, Liverpool have always impressed me every since the great Bill Shankley blended together Hunt and St. John to win the cup in 1965. It was Shankley also who won the league title for them in 1966." then wathc their face fall as you contuinue to baffle them with your knowledge about "their" club.

Re: how to expose a plastic fans worthless soul

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Or just ask them how many times they've been to Old Trfford/Anfield etc etc.

Then reply "Oh yeah, I think I went to CCS on 7 more occasions than that last season".

Then ask them who the PA announcer is at OT/Anfield etc. They'll be stumped.

Then ask them how it is that they support the team from behind a television screen. The players are unaware of their viewing of the game as, no matter how much you sing the stolen "You'll Never Walk Alone" at your tv, it won't carry the 200 odd miles to Liverpool.

Or you could do what I do, and laugh in their faces when they try to talk about football safe in the knowledge that they are not a football supporter and not worthy of talking to about such a brilliant sport.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm

i usually do everything that was just said. but most people dont take the hint. so i end up telling them to wind their necks in :lol:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i usually do everything that was just said. but most people dont take the hint. so i end up telling them to wind their necks in :lol:

Just spark the pricks out and then remove and burn their plastic shirt.

Then find a Swansea one to put on them as punishment. It's still more respectable than being a plastic.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:i usually do everything that was just said. but most people dont take the hint. so i end up telling them to wind their necks in :lol:

Just spark the pricks out and then remove and burn their plastic shirt.

Then find a Swansea one to put on them as punishment. It's still more respectable than being a plastic.

problem is in barry all the plastics say they follow swansea as they cant stand cardiff fans as they are all trouble makers. just proves my point again BRAINWASHED BY THE MEDIA! but when i explain cardiff have been told to be the most family friendly club in the league. and that we had so many games with out police.
:roll:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Without TV - football would be dead

Everyone deserves the right to support their club in whatever capacity they want.

Not everyone wants or indeed has the time to attend a live match

That doesn't mean that they don't experience the same exhilaration from watching on tv.

Some people have families and other priorities in their life.

I've been a CCFC season ticket holder, a MU ticket holder and now I'm a CCFC ticket holder (last yr I was both for a period)

Do I sometimes want to watch on TV - yes - the coverage is amazing

Do I want to get pissed up at a football match - NO, not really.

Do I want to eat shitty burgers and piss in smelly toilets, surrounded by blokes smoking (on the sly) and speaking in monlogue syllables - NO

But I don't begrudge them there pleasures either.

Everyone should be able to support what team they see fit (or teams) without prejudice or criticism. There is no right or wrong. Without armchair viewers, and those that jump on the bandwagon, and those that eat posh food, then football would be back to being supported by 2,000 people in shitholes. Maybe thats what some people would prefer!

Lets all get together and support our club - never seen so many Civil Wars

Back to work.......

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Agree with you gaga,

I'm not a season ticket holder - got a lot of things going on so end up not being able to go to a lot of games. While I try and make it to as many as I can I get the impression I'd get called 'plastic' by a lot of the guys on here for not attending more than 5 games a season.

I find the 'one-upmanship' ridiculous, if someone says they support a particular team then fine, it's not a contest FFS.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:02 pm

recharding wrote:How many of you know a local who supports Manchester United or Liverpool etc? A good lot of you I am sure.

Thousands of Cardiff fans support Cardiff over their local team, what do you think of them?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:18 pm

I follow Cardiff city loads, have done for 3 years, and I don't know anything about them from the last millenium. Yet i'm on here every day and follow the club with everything I have. Am I a 'plastic' fan for not frantically learning their past?

How about you stop being so insecure and stop feeling the need to belittle other by proving you know more than them?

It's just f*cking sad.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Gaga wrote:Without TV - football would be dead

Everyone deserves the right to support their club in whatever capacity they want.

That doesn't mean that they don't experience the same exhilaration from watching on tv.

I've been a CCFC season ticket holder, a MU ticket holder and now I'm a CCFC ticket holder (last yr I was both for a period)

Do I want to eat shitty burgers and piss in smelly toilets, surrounded by blokes smoking (on the sly) and speaking in monlogue syllables - NO

Everyone should be able to support what team they see fit (or teams) without prejudice or criticism. There is no right or wrong. Without armchair viewers, and those that jump on the bandwagon, and those that eat posh food, then football would be back to being supported by 2,000 people in shitholes. Maybe thats what some people would prefer!

Back to work.......

Fantastic post. Completely agree.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:58 pm

hooligan858 wrote:
Gaga wrote:Without TV - football would be dead

Back to work.......

Fantastic post. Completely agree.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
recharding wrote:How many of you know a local who supports Manchester United or Liverpool etc? A good lot of you I am sure.

Thousands of Cardiff fans support Cardiff over their local team, what do you think of them?

Exactly these are the same people who say "i cant wait to see malaysia full of city shirts" hypocritical

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 pm

I live in pontypridd but work in cardiff there are 22 of us on my shift,only 3 of us are cardiff fans,the rest are plasic they make me so mad most of the feckers never been to a match in their lives :evil:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:24 pm

I have beem working in Merthyr all week, My god I have never seen so many UTD and Liverpool shirts, Winds me up.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Kanester wrote:I have beem working in Merthyr all week, My god I have never seen so many UTD and Liverpool shirts, Winds me up.

what about Real Madrid shirts, Barcelona, Inter Milan etc?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Kanester wrote:I have beem working in Merthyr all week, My god I have never seen so many UTD and Liverpool shirts, Winds me up.

Considering Merthyr has its own Football Side, who, not that long ago were only one division below the Bluebirds I hope you would have been equaly disgusted if you had seen people wearing Cardiff City Shirts.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:

Exactly these are the same people who say "i cant wait to see malaysia full of city shirts" hypocritical

Spot on fella

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Ok how about me ? I have 3 season tickets But Im also a Wolves Fan and have been for40years ?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 pm

a couple of the guys who i play football with have been liverpool fans since i was in school...

ive asked them to come down to watch the city etc.. but they decline.

they may only go up to anfield once or twice a season but that dosnt make them plastics.. the difficulty in getting liverpool tickets plus the cost for a hard working family man can be an expensive trip...

just because the choose to then watch liverpool down the pub on sky or in the house does that make them a plastic fans?

while i get frustrated that i watch city week in week out and they dont go to watch their supported team, i still dont see them as plastic...

what about malaysia? are all the liverpool, man u and arsenal people of this country plastics as they choose to watch them on tv, probably never being able to afford to go to the uk...

should cardiff city make it to the prem would we begrudge a new following from malaysia just because they dont come to the ccs??