Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BIG CHEESE - THIS WEEKEND

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm

http://www.caerphilly.gov.uk/bigcheese/english/index.htm

Cheese race and fireworks later tonight.

Always a great weekend for all ages. The entertainment and activities for the kids in the day are excellent and best all its FREE!

The night can get a little bit 'larey' shall we say but if you're from the valleys 'everything is tidy in it butt' :D

Who's going? :?:

Anyone know whether there is a CCFC stall or even a Trust stall this year? I remember last year there being a Cardiff Blues stall giving out goodies and prizes with a few players in attendance but can't recall a CCFC stall. Maybe i'm mistaken and someone can correct me.

Always seems to be a missed opportunity by CCFC and the Trust to reach out to fans from outside of Cardiff who actually make up the majority of the core fan base.

Re: THE BIG CHEESE - THIS WEEKEND

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 pm

I'll be there :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:57 pm

I live close by and I've heard Newport Gwent Dragons are going to have some kind of presence there, CCFC should definitely have something going on at events like this to promote the club in areas outside of Cardiff. Will pop down there myself over the weekend wearing one of my City shirts of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 pm

t'll be like Rover Way Caravan Park - Full of Pikeys from the valleys

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:t'll be like Rover Way Caravan Park - Full of Pikeys from the valleys

Jog on

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm

I'll be there...Caerphilly through and through I am and I wouldnt miss the flagship event :D

Gone are the days though where we'd smoke a couple of buckets in Morgies beforehand as well as downing a flaggon + a bottle of vodka before going in there for a ruck with the boys from all the other estates, :lol:

Taking my eldest to the fireworks tonight, then all the kids down Saturday and Sunday for the rides and everything else...will be taking a couple of cans for the Sunday night as well because its a nice setting with the band they have on the stage with the backdrop of the Castle - all three of my kids are four and under though so I'm banking on them being good, ha

Would be wicked to have a CCFC stall there though, City have a massive following in Caerphilly - easily one of the biggest town followings, and throughout the Rhymney Valley as well so it would defo be a opportunity missed

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm looking forward to having a browse round the castle, take in a few shows with the family, sample some local produce etc!

Always a great weekend for families with plenty on offer for all ages.

Anyone who wants to slag it off (usually pansies from Cardiff who can't mix it with us from the other side of the mountain) can fook off! - Its for local's in it butt, tidy :D

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Gonzo wrote:I'm looking forward to having a browse round the castle, take in a few shows with the family, sample some local produce etc!

Always a great weekend for families with plenty on offer for all ages.

Anyone who wants to slag it off (usually pansies from Cardiff who can't mix it with us from the other side of the mountain) can fook off! - Its for local's in it butt, tidy :D

You knowz mate...enjoy :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Good weekend but soooooooooooooooooooooo f*cking expensive

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Good weekend but soooooooooooooooooooooo f*cking expensive

Roger that butt

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm

f*cking hate it.
I live in caerphilly and it's shit just a bunch of gypos conning everyone.
if it wasn't so expensive it would be great. but the caerphilly council charge them so much for a pitch they take it out on us.
f**k em :evil: