Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

stop attacks on plastics

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:10 pm

My cousins would be deemed a plastic by many fans has he has only been to a few games in 20 years but he was born and lives in France He watches alll the steamed games he can and his 3 year old son has a city kit At his recent wedding he got around 200 frenchies singing Cardiff songs.
he knows alot about City would you deem him a plastic or a good fan of the club

Re: stop attacks on plastics

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm

i wouldnt deem him a plastic, alot of citys most passionate fans are the ones who dont have the means/oppertunities to see regular games.

the real plastics are the ones who only turn up when the goings good but dont wanna know when we're not doing to well. they then usualy go back to their liverpool/man utd loyalty.

i know what its like as ive had sparadic employment over the last few years and havent been able to get a season ticket, still support city in every way i possibly can. and it sounds like he does the same :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:28 pm

I also hate people who say "i hate plastics" then in the next breath say we need more fans where are all them now when the stadiums half empty like stoke at home last year but what really gets on my nerves is when people say " im so glad tg came we are going to get a huge following in asia because of this theyll all buy our kits" so there more or less saying i hate man united plastics but want malaysian plastics to support us. .... And this is off topic but annoys me also when people complain and the someone says "ive supported city for 30 years i know more than you" i hate that kind of attitude well done mate youre older than me get over it....... Phew

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:My cousins would be deemed a plastic by many fans has he has only been to a few games in 20 years but he was born and lives in France He watches alll the steamed games he can and his 3 year old son has a city kit At his recent wedding he got around 200 frenchies singing Cardiff songs.

I wouldn't consider him a plastic though

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Without TV - football would be dead

Everyone deserves the right to support their club in whatever capacity they want.

Not everyone wants or indeed has the time to attend a live match

That doesn't mean that they don't experience the same exhilaration from watching on tv.

Some people have families and other priorities in their life.

I've been a CCFC season ticket holder, a MU ticket holder and now I'm a CCFC ticket holder (last yr I was both for a period)

Do I sometimes want to watch on TV - yes - the coverage is amazing

Do I want to get pissed up at a football match - NO, not really.

Do I want to eat shitty burgers and piss in smelly toilets, surrounded by blokes smoking (on the sly) and speaking in monlogue syllables - NO

But I don't begrudge them there pleasures either.

Everyone should be able to support what team they see fit (or teams) without prejudice or criticism. There is no right or wrong. Without armchair viewers, and those that jump on the bandwagon, and those that eat posh food, then football would be back to being supported by 2,000 people in shitholes. Maybe thats what some people would prefer!

Lets all get together and support our club - never seen so many Civil Wars

Back to work.......

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

No he's not. The only reason he doesn't turn up to Cardiff games is because he's relocated.

Whereas true plastics have no tie to the team they claim to support (but don't) and rarely if ever attend games.

See this video for the true definition of plastics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBK_hvC9 ... r_embedded

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Gaga wrote:Without TV - football would be dead

Everyone deserves the right to support their club in whatever capacity they want.

That doesn't mean that they don't experience the same exhilaration from watching on tv.

I've been a CCFC season ticket holder, a MU ticket holder and now I'm a CCFC ticket holder (last yr I was both for a period)

Do I want to eat shitty burgers and piss in smelly toilets, surrounded by blokes smoking (on the sly) and speaking in monlogue syllables - NO

Everyone should be able to support what team they see fit (or teams) without prejudice or criticism. There is no right or wrong. Without armchair viewers, and those that jump on the bandwagon, and those that eat posh food, then football would be back to being supported by 2,000 people in shitholes. Maybe thats what some people would prefer!

Back to work.......

My word.

You have no idea. This much is evident.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:My cousins would be deemed a plastic by many fans has he has only been to a few games in 20 years but he was born and lives in France He watches alll the steamed games he can and his 3 year old son has a city kit At his recent wedding he got around 200 frenchies singing Cardiff songs.

No he's not due to location.

However... I don't half hate plastics. I would rather be surrounded by 50 swansea fans than talk to 2 plastics. 95% of the time they know nothing about football and nothing about the team they claim to support. Also 99% of the time I have been to the stadium of the team they support more times than they have :twisted:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:56 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Gaga wrote:Without TV - football would be dead

Back to work.......

My word.

You have no idea. This much is evident.

No idea about what?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm

When i was in school in 2004-2008, I was made fun of often for being a city fan now the people who made the jokes i see at the CCS does make my laugh.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

As somebody else said - its not a contest as to who loves CCFC the most or knows the most.

All support should be accepted.

Yes, I agree if smone knob is giving it the big I AM about having followed his club thro' thick and thin, then yeh, have a go at him if its not true.

But DaveSheffield - it says you are 21 - if I know nothing - then what on earth do you know more than me?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Defo NOT a 'plastic' mate.... :ayatollah:

The real 'plastics' are those who live within a reasonable distance bu turn up for (usually) half a game and walk away slagging the team off when things go against them vowing NEVER to return again....until the next 'big' game comes along and they want to be part of it, of course!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 pm

What is the definition of a plastic?

Is somebody from Dowlais Top who goes to watch Cardiff City a Plastic? Or a Glory Supporter or are they the same thing?

What about someone from Newport who forgets about Newport County and comes to watch the Bluebirds? what does that make them? a Glory Supporter I guess, even if the glory is minimal, its glory compared to Newport.

And what about people West of Bridgend who come to watch Cardiff from Neath, Port Talbot, Carmarthen? what are they? are they w@nkers for not supporting their local team? WERE they Glory Supporters? (Obviously not now), they arnt plastics cos they follow the team, but they dont follow the LOCAL team.

People need to accept that we live in a Free World. As Fans of Cardiff City, who get thousands of fans at the expense of other Proffesional/Semi Pro Teams, ie.. Swansea, Newport, Merthyr, Hereford and to some extent Wrexham we realy are not in a position to say anything.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:What is the definition of a plastic?

Is somebody from Dowlais Top who goes to watch Cardiff City a Plastic? Or a Glory Supporter or are they the same thing?

What about someone from Newport who forgets about Newport County and comes to watch the Bluebirds? what does that make them? a Glory Supporter I guess, even if the glory is minimal, its glory compared to Newport.

And what about people West of Bridgend who come to watch Cardiff from Neath, Port Talbot, Carmarthen? what are they? are they w@nkers for not supporting their local team? WERE they Glory Supporters? (Obviously not now), they arnt plastics cos they follow the team, but they dont follow the LOCAL team.

People need to accept that we live in a Free World. As Fans of Cardiff City, who get thousands of fans at the expense of other Proffesional/Semi Pro Teams, ie.. Swansea, Newport, Merthyr, Hereford and to some extent Wrexham we realy are not in a position to say anything.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
well said

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm

yeah there are people who i know who have watched every home games merthyr town and many other clubs for 20+ years and not have gone to f**k all away games. i wouldn't call that plastic, many people call others plastic for not supporting them away, even home sometimes, but being a fan through the highs and lows of the clubs history is a true fan IMO.
:ayatollah: