Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

From Official Site: Malky happy with Development

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Watch Malky's pre-Parma press conference in full on Cardiff City Player.
Malky Mackay spoke on Friday morning ahead of the Bluebirds' final pre-season fixture of the summer against Parma on Saturday (Not got tickets? Click here).
Speaking to assembled press at the Bluebirds' Vale of Glamorgan training base, the gaffer said: "Over the course of the summer and since our pre-season game against Celtic the squad has been developing, both in numbers and fitness, which will continue against Parma on Saturday.
"The pitch is also now another week along in its readiness for the season as on and off the field our preparations continue.
"Over the last ten days my players, via three games have managed to get further minutes under their belts and have had some good work-outs.
"For each game I also got to try some combinations of players who hadn't played alongside one-another, enabling them to get to know each other better which is important. It's one of the main things to work on with this being such a new group, factoring in the new arrivals here and the younger emerging players who we can look at during this stage of our preparation for the season.
"As expected there were many changes over the course of all three games, allowing game time for the majority of the squad. And by introducing the younger players during these games, in particular against Yeovil on Tuesday I was able to give a rest to some of the lads who have been involved in every pre-season game so far."
As for new signing Kenny Miller - who is set to make his home Cardiff City debut against Parma along with strike partner Robert Earnshaw - the gaffer emphasised his delight at securing his signature.
"It was great to get Kenny on board and for that I have to thank the board here for all the work they put in," Malky continued.
"It shows what we are trying to achieve here, as does the signing of Robert Earnshaw. I'm very pleased with the quality of signings we've made. Kenny Miller and Robert Earnshaw were our two forward targets.
"Twelve players left in the summer so there was a massive area to fill. We've got nine in, but we still need more to pad out the squad."
Tickets for the Bluebirds' fixture with Parma are still available. Call the Cardiff City ticket office on 0845 345 1400 to book your tickets now - alternatively, buy online via the link below.