Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Locking threads.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Locking threads, unlocking them to have your say and then locking them again.

Surely an abuse of the power and responsibility that comes with being a mod?

Re: Locking threads.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:31 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:Locking thread, unlocking them to have your say and then locking them again.

Maybe when you mature and stop sniping all the fuc&^ng time you will have some responsibility in life :D

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:Locking threads, unlocking them to have your say and then locking them again.

Where has this been done?

Can you point me to a thread as I genuinely have no idea where this has happened?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:Locking threads, unlocking them to have your say and then locking them again.

Where has this been done?

Can you point me to a thread as I genuinely have no idea where this has happened?

Pointless trying to reason Carl.... the guy is a prat all I have seen from him in the past 48 hours is snipe, snipe, snipe. :twisted:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

This one Carl - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55047

Thanks for your opinion on my personality Droopy, I'll keep it in mind when I post next.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:This one Carl - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55047

Thanks for your opinion on my personality Droopy, I'll keep it in mind when I post next.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Have to agree with BS on this one.

First time for everything.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Have to agree with BS on this one.

First time for everything.

:lol:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I can understand that Merlin unlocked it to reply if he had an answer but then locking it so the other person cannot reply is ridiculous. Bad moderating

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:This one Carl - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55047

Have to say I think your right, if it is locked then that should remain that way.

If it is decided to unlock it then it is only fair that it stays unlocked unless the thread gets out of hand but as I spoke to some of the moderators yesterday, I did say that the threads should not be deleted but the offending posts should be removed.

Everyone should have the right to disagree with anything on this forum regardless of topic but out and out name calling will not be tolerated and should be removed by moderators on first sight.

I have read that people have been upset by threads being removed and in fairness to the mods yesterday the posts got out of control and the topics turned into attacks on certain people so the mods deleted the threads that they believed and saw were turning that way.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Jesus - when did 16-18 yr olds become so bolshy

I have nothing in common with Annis - and I am not too impressed with soem of his alleged or otherwise antics in the past. But this constant sniping and taking the moral high ground is beyond. Especially when you see the way some of you speak and the language used on your facebook/twitter/this messageboard

I'm getting really bored of all this.

Kids - grow up, mature, get some kids, get a job, get responsibilties, and then come back and debate

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 pm

I have to agree, I couldn't believe that one moderator locked it, then Merlin unlocked, had his say and locked it again.

This sort of abuse of power is bringing ridicule onto the messageboard, and it's alrady suffering a bad reputation for threads being deleted and user being banned.

That is not what a moderator is all about.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 pm

What the hell has it got to do with you?! Grow up!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Gaga wrote:Jesus - when did 16-18 yr olds become so bolshy

I have nothing in common with Annis - and I am not too impressed with soem of his alleged or otherwise antics in the past. But this constant sniping and taking the moral high ground is beyond. Especially when you see the way some of you speak and the language used on your facebook/twitter/this messageboard

Kids - grow up, mature, get some kids, get a job, get responsibilties, and then come back and debate

Why the sudden attack? Why bother replying if you're bored of it? Where's the facebook language in this thread? What the hell are you on about? By the way, I'm 38, have kids, a mortgage and a very good job. Am I allowed to debate now?

Thanks Carl for looking into this. ;)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:

Why the sudden attack? Why bother replying if you're bored of it? Where's the facebook language in this thread? What the hell are you on about? By the way, I'm 38, have kids, a mortgage and a very good job. Am I allowed to debate now?

No Prob Terry ;)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:06 pm

paulo wrote:

I have to agree, I couldn't believe that one moderator locked it, then Merlin unlocked, had his say and locked it again.

This sort of abuse of power is bringing ridicule onto the messageboard, and it's alrady suffering a bad reputation for threads being deleted and user being banned.

That is not what a moderator is all about.

I have given a response further up the thread which explains the moderators actions yesterday and my own opinion on how it could have been dealt with differently in hindsight.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:06 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

always allowed to debate

PS when's your mortgage due for renewal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Gaga wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

always allowed to debate

PS when's your mortgage due for renewal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: