Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I watched the team train today

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Not blowing smoke up anyones arse but I liked it.
Malkie and his training team are well organised and he is forming a style which is really different from last season. I think it will be a success, but it depends upon the drive of the players.

They were using Naylor and McNaughton as full backs for forward moves and alternating between different groups of players for moves. Some of the interplay was very sharp. Cowie looked good with kiss and whitts, so too did Gunnerson. Millar and Earnie looked rusty with their goal efforts but their movement etc was good.
Stand out guy today was Joe Mason - his finishing is top drawer.
He looks to be a find.

I'm not sure if Millar and Earnie will play together when the dust settles through the season.

Gavin Rae was training and fair play, he played some decent balls in. Darcy was on his own trining on sidelines injured and late on Stephen Mcphail came on the training pitch -he didn't train but he looked well and it was great to see them all involved - very much a team bond he's trying to create.

The big man skied a few goal efforts and looks very unlikely to fit in.

I thought Gerrard was the best passer of the 4 centre halfs. I think we need a centre half and a left sided speedy midfielder - does anyone now of one????!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I watched the team train today

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 pm

was that fagan there? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Cheers :ayatollah:

Was Gavin Rae really there?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Yeah - forgot to mentoned - he looked very good too

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 pm

eddiep wrote:Yeah - forgot to mentoned - he looked very good too

That quote was for Fagan - he looked sharp

Gavin Rae was ther and newspaper reportes - so u dont have to take just my word for it mate

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:31 pm

that fagan will play tomorrow
and may aswell offer gavin rae a contract till end of season :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:32 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cheers :ayatollah:

Was Gavin Rae really there?

Thinly Veiled "I heard that he was leaving, that throws my update right out the window" post IMO.

Lol only kidding :lol: :ayatollah: