Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Contract phones, help please.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Right, i have a contract phone with orange and had a two year contract (Stupid of me) and im fed up of the phone, i have had it a year but i want a new one and i am just wondering if there was any way i could change my phone whilst i am not eligible for a update just yet?

:ayatollah:

Re: Contract phones, help please.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Pay for a sim free handset which could cost a few hundred ££

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Pay for a sim free handset which could cost a few hundred ££

Cheers for the reply,

Im pritty f*cked then because i dont have a few hundred notes. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Phones 4u will buy out the last 6 months of your contract on some new deals (not iphone or anything brand new though).

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Gonzo wrote:Phones 4u will buy out the last 6 months of your contract on some new deals (not iphone or anything brand new though).

Do they yeah?

Was thinking about a HTC or Blackberry contract though. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Like Gonzo said it does depend on what phone you want as you will struggle to get a top spec phone.

You might be able to pay up the reminder of your contract but again that will cost a fair wack.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:05 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Like Gonzo said it does depend on what phone you want as you will struggle to get a top spec phone.

You might be able to pay up the reminder of your contract but again that will cost a fair wack.

Ahh right, ok cheers.

Will have to go and see what they say about it. :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Im a manager for orange retail so my opinion is accurate!! :D you have a few options.

1)For eg, if you have a £10 a month contract and have 12 months left then you have to pay 120 quid to end that contract.
2) you may be a band 5 customer (bills coming in higher than your tariff plan). If you are then you will be able to upgrade earlier than the usual 90 days before the end of your contract.
3) you get a separate contract and change your existing contract over to a friend of family member who wants to take it.
4) f**k it off and never get credit again and your details getting put through to collections. :ayatollah:

These are the only way to get out of a contract....unless your a footballer.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Oh and the 24 month contracts are totally justified...orange don't do it to be greedy. Phone are pretty amazing at the mo, therefore manufacturing costs are high too. 24 months just insures orange make profit whilst the customer pay a sensible & realistic price each month. You can do an 18 but it's an extra £5 per month and a substantial amount for the handset. 12 months have long gone...if we did and you want for eg, an iPhone....you'd be paying 70 quid a month for a 40 quid tariff. Do you see my point??

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Lastly. We give people 25% discount on the whole length of their contract if they work for certain companies or within certain sectors...we just take a copy of a wage slip. Run some by me and I'll let you know. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Haha I sound like a right c**t!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Haha I sound like a right c**t!

Hell of a rant baseboy ha ha.

Working in my sector gets 25% off at Orange. Nice deal.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Not at all baseboy. Good info to know mate!

I am going to buy myself out of my Orange contract when I get paid. They have messed me around a fair bit recently and don't seem too bothered, so going to buy a HTC Desire HD outright and get a sim from another network for it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Get a Samsung Galaxy S2 if you can.

Amazing phone...best I have ever had.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 pm

12thMan wrote:Not at all baseboy. Good info to know mate!

I am going to buy myself out of my Orange contract when I get paid. They have messed me around a fair bit recently and don't seem too bothered, so going to buy a HTC Desire HD outright and get a sim from another network for it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its always better to stay on contract as when you upgrade you get all the real perks, you get better deals on tariffs and depending on your banding, you can get better handsets on lower tariffs. A phone could only be free on a £35 tariff, however when you come to upgrade you may be able to get the handset free on a £15-20 or less because of your banding.

If you are going to pay the remainder of your contract off they will more than likely transfer you to retention's first, these are the last hope of keeping you with the network. If you leave orange your going to join a competitor as everyone 'needs' a phone, its that reason alone that they will offer your stupidly good tariffs and prices, so don't be stubborn and actually listen to what they can offer you.

I could go on for days! lmao.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:19 pm

P.S you wont be able to buy the HTC desire in any retailer, all on contract. Best bet is online. If your going for a HTC the take the sensation, 1.2GHZ dual core processor, its an fecking computer! Alternatively wait till you upgrade and get the motorola atrix, we will give you a £130 play kit that comes with it when you upgrade.I never tell anyone about it though cos I like to save them for deal clinchers. :lol: :lol: This also has the latest android software, which in my opinion is the only thing anywhere near to the iphone.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/motorolaatrix

I really could go on for days. :P :P
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:P.S you wont be able to buy the HTC desire in any retailer, all on contract. Best bet is online. If your going for a HTC the take the sensation, 1.2GHZ dual core processor, its an fecking computer! Alternatively wait till you upgrade and get the motorola atrix, we will give you a £130 play kit that comes with it when you upgrade.I never tell anyone about it though cos I like to save them for deal clinchers. :lol: :lol:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/motorolaatrix

I really could go on for days. :P :P

You can buy a HTC desire from Tesco non contract

HAPPY DAYS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:30 am

Midfield general wrote:To be honest Im now with Tesco Mobile and I collect clubcard points too :ayatollah:

Cant go wrong with Tesco. They run off the UK's biggest network ;)

12th man, you have any problems, come and see me ;) www.o2.co.uk/gurubooking Select Queen Street

Also, Baseboy is right, dont bother with Desire HD. Try the Sensation or Galaxy S2. S2 is my next purchase I think. Unless I can get one free from somewhere :D