Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ticket Office Ripoff

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Here is a copy of an email I sent to the club on Wednesday afternoon after shelling out £175 for tickets for a friendly game. They havent even bothered to reply;

Ive just been down and bought 15 tickets for the family stand - 5
under 9s, 2 under 16s and 8 adults. I looked on the website before
leaving and read that "Under 9s to be admitted FOC in the Family Stand
when accompanied with a paying adult" however when I got there whoever
served me said that under 9s were only free if they were a season
ticket holder. I didnt think this was right but went ahead and paid by
£170+ anyway.

Ive just got back now and checked
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 30,00.html
and it does indeed state that under 9s are free with an adult and
doesnt mention anything about them having to be a season ticket
holder.

Can you let me know exactly what the policy is please mate as they way
I see it I've been overcharged £40??

Thanks
Craig

Another case of false advertising - didnt they learn anything from the "Golden Ticket" swindle

Re: Ticket Office Ripoff

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Seems like a mistake has been made, hope you get it sorted. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:08 pm

I forgot to mention that after coming home and checking, before emailing them I also phoned up to tell them but the person on the phone was no use at all and would just keep telling me that his manager said "tickets are only free for ST holders".

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 pm

They don't know their ass from their elbow down there

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 pm

they have overcharged you i would go back 2morrow and demand refund i was not charged for undernine ticket for my grandson and he is not a st holder the advert was accompanied by adult paying

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm

I would deffo contact them tomorrow to ask for the money they overcharged you back. I bought my tickets not long after they went on Sale. I called the ticket office and they didn't have any details about the offer to hand, i directed them to there own website and read out the statement to them, they gave the under 9 free with 1 paying adult, wasn't asked whether i was a season ticket holder or not.

Think you should have a chat with Julian. :ayatollah:

Good luck BTW

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks guys, Ill go down tomorrow to demand my money back.

What a shocking service when i asked in person and over the phone and was told the offer wasnt the correct one even though its on their site.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 pm

I will give you another thing they did, as I am classed as a Ambulance disable I can and do have a care person with me. they should get in for free, but they charge me for it and after I went back this week to tell them they said they couldn't do anything about it cos it was for the Celtic game had that had gone now. What I want to know is , they still have a record of the sale ,I have the ticket to show them ,so why cant they give a refund ? Also I ask how much a parking space would be for the year and was told its 130 pounds, but when you work it out ,if I buy one for every home game at 5pounds a time its only 115pounds. so I save 15pounds buy not buying a season park space and buy it week by week.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I will give you another thing they did, as I am classed as a Ambulance disable I can and do have a care person with me. they should get in for free, but they charge me for it and after I went back this week to tell them they said they couldn't do anything about it cos it was for the Celtic game had that had gone now. What I want to know is , they still have a record of the sale ,I have the ticket to show them ,so why cant they give a refund ? Also I ask how much a parking space would be for the year and was told its 130 pounds, but when you work it out ,if I buy one for every home game at 5pounds a time its only 115pounds. so I save 15pounds buy not buying a season park space and buy it week by week.

THe excuse that the game has now been played is what im worried about so after 3 days of no reply to my email I will have to go down in the morning to try and sort it out.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Yeah they charged me £8 for my 3 year old too , and i am in the family stand for this game and not my ST seat just so i could take him, i rang up to check and they reckon they are right even though the website clearly stated FOC for under 9s with paying adult in family stand.

The ticket office dont know their arse from their elbow!!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 pm

I had to pay 8 pound also for my 4 years old girl, ok Im not in the family stand cos I cant park my car up there I have to park near gate 4 and they then want me to walk all the way to the family stand and Im Ambulance Disable .

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Some very good staff at that ticket office but to many awful awful staff.

If you don't get a reply try posting on the ticket section of the official forum, they usually reply to that.