Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FRIDAY 29th JULY 2011 MINI-UPDATE

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Martyn Margetson was on a one month rolling contract when he was at the club and during the time after DJ's departure he along with the other backroom staff did not know what was happening with their futures at the club until Malky Mackay had been appointed.

Marge met with Malky and was told that he was wanted and that he would have to sit down with Gethin Jenkins to sort out a contract. Marge met Gethin and I am told that he was offered a new contract and it would be on half of the wages that he was on previously, also any bonuses he previously had would no longer be on offer.

Marge went away to think about the offer and in the meantime received an approach from West Ham and he reported this back to Gethin and was told he would be better off if he took the offer from Sam Allardyce and went to West Ham.

Before signing for City, Craig Conway trained with Glasgow Rangers for a one week trial before his agent entered talks the following week, Conway is a Celtic fan through and through, and was delighted to receive interest from another club and in particular Malky Mackay and Cardiff City. Rangers were very keen on getting Conway but let's just say he was not as keen as them on the potential move to Ibrox.

Craig Bellamy met with Mancini on Thursday and has asked Mancini and Man City to settle his contract to allow him to move on to another club, Cardiff. Make no mistake Craig wants to come back to Cardiff. I am told that if Man City offer to pay Craig the majority, if not all of his contract, then Craig will return to Cardiff on a pay structure that City can afford. If Man City offer Craig a low percentage of his contract then he will not accept their offer. His contract his worth over £4million to him.

Craig is a little embarrassed by his comments at the end of last season that he would definitely return to City, but he honestly believed at the time it would happen.

If Man City do not agree to settle with Craig for a satisfactory amount then Craig has said that he will have to go and play elsewhere and Celtic would be the likely destination as things stand at this time.

Craig is waiting for the powers to be at Man City to let him know whether or not they will settle his contract or not.

As it stands and Malky Mackay has said himself, there are unlikely to be any more signings before the West Ham game so I would like to welcome the new management team and players who have arrived and wish the whole squad the best of luck for the upcoming season.

Welcome to Cardiff City Football Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

Re: FRIDAY 29th JULY 2011 MINI-UPDATE

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:43 pm

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Me too
Good Luck Malky and the boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:44 pm

cheers carl, i love your updates and i always get excited when i hear there is a new one haha sad aint i :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:45 pm

I still feel we need wingers but eh itll do and i cant see bellamy comeing back to be honest if you were man city and could either loan him out and notnlose much or let him go and lose a lot what would you do?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Would have liked a couple of quality players in before the west ham game.Lets hope we get a few in before the transfer window closes :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Chris1988 wrote:cheers carl, i love your updates and i always get excited when i hear there is a new one haha sad aint i :ayatollah:

You're not the only one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Cheers carl if bellers go celtic do you know if MM will spend the money elsewhere? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Great info Carl - Thanks for sharing.

Can't see Man City settling CB39s contract but we'll wait and see.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm

trotskie wrote:Cheers carl if bellers go celtic do you know if MM will spend the money elsewhere? :ayatollah:

MM wants Bellamy and is prepared to go right to the end of transfer window and beyond it if necessary, there are other irons in the fire already.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Cheers for that Carl, here's hoping man city pay off bellers contract to let him come home although it wouldn't surprise me if mancini didn't just to spite bellamy, it's not like it's going to set man city back to pay £4 million is it? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks Carl.

I always enjoy your updates.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Now just slightly confused.

Why is it considered that Bellamy would have to go to Celtic if he doesn't get his contract paid up? Celtic are aware of Bellamy's wages and they cannot match our offer of £35k of his wages for a loan.

citygardens73 wrote:Would have liked a couple of quality players in before the west ham game.Lets hope we get a few in before the transfer window closes :ayatollah:

agree,

west ham away is prob going to be a one of our biggest games of the season followed by brs city home then brighton a few days later...

while i am very pleased with the acquisitions so far, i feel we are far from complete and a little light weight particularly on the wing.

with just over 7 days to go i do really hope we get one of two more players in. its important we get off to a decent start and with quite a few tough games in a short space of time, should we receive any injuries or straight reds, we could be struggling to fill certain positions and already moving players out of position.

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 pm

CARL,I know you are trying hard to keep us fans informed but of late,you are not telling anyone what they can read in the press,paticularly in Bellamys case.
Thanks for the update anyway.Keep the Faith.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Cheers for the reply carl I hope we get bellers but if we don't MM will have massive budget in jan :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

GARYNZ wrote:CARL,I know you are trying hard to keep us fans informed but of late,you are not telling anyone what they can read in the press,paticularly in Bellamys case.
Thanks for the update anyway.Keep the Faith.

Gary, the difference being those are Bellamy's words ;)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Wayne S wrote:Now just slightly confused.

Why is it considered that Bellamy would have to go to Celtic if he doesn't get his contract paid up? Celtic are aware of Bellamy's wages and they cannot match our offer of £35k of his wages for a loan.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read, good question.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:08 pm

greenlawler wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Now just slightly confused.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read, good question.

I am not aware of Celtic saying they cannot compete with £35k pw.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:10 pm

thanks carl, and thanks west ham for taking margetson? off us :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:32 pm

cheers for the update carl and good luck to the boys for the new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Cheers Carl.

Come on Man City pay up so we can get Bellers back! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Great update as usual carl, let's hope it works out with bellers and man city do the right thing, nice to get an update after being away in hols. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 pm

GOD LUCK I SAY...can not wait till next week BLUEBIRDSSSS, lets hope BELLAS comes

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Good luck fellow bloooobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:46 am

I always took Bellamy on his word about him wanting nothing more than to play for his home club, now it seems he's moving his goal posts.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 am

Whatever happens, happens. Cheers for the update Carl. Surprised Margetson was offered the chance to stay. I really don't rate him as a goalkeeping coach but maybe the clubs know something I don't. I would be interested to spend a week following him and seeing what he does because it seems strange that every keeper that came to us got progressively worse.

It'll be interesting to see how he does at West Ham.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks for the update Carl, spot on as usual ;) :ayatollah: