Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Next captain

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 pm

who does everyone think our captain will be this season. if bellamy would to return he would be the obvious choice but if he doesnt i think it should be mcmaughten he probably shows the most passion in our entire squad and imo the most consistant player last season and playing him in his favoured position he can only play better without changing positions

who is everyones captain for this season :ayatollah:

Re: Next captain

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:53 pm

I've heard this time and time again about McNaughton, but it's a massive NO from me. The man is a quality full-back, arguably the best outside of the Premier League, but he's one of those players where he is just better off concentrating on his own game.

Put it this way - I was surprised to see him captaining the side against Reading.

I see nothing wrong with Hudson as captain this season, but of course if Bellamy returns he'll take over.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Super Kev.................quality and always give 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 pm

i felt that hudson was playing football when he wasnt our captain maybe gerrard will be a good captain he would be my choice behind mcmaughten :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I've heard this time and time again about McNaughton, but it's a massive NO from me. The man is a quality full-back, arguably the best outside of the Premier League, but he's one of those players where he is just better off concentrating on his own game.

Put it this way - I was surprised to see him captaining the side against Reading.

I see nothing wrong with Hudson as captain this season, but of course if Bellamy returns he'll take over.

I have to agree, although McNaughton shows a huge amount of commitment and always gives 100%, I don't know if he's vocal enough to be captain.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Midfield general wrote:Hasn't he given it to Hudson as I thought the decision was made recently[*]

if so then fair enough im not against hudson being captain i just felt he played better without the responsibity of being our captain

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 pm

big jon :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:37 am

Agree with what people are saying about Kev not being captain. He is a personal favourite of mine, but dont think he is vocal enough for the armband, but more importantly I think the added pressure could jepordise his game. I also think the same for Hudson, he played much better last season without the captaincy. I wouldn't like to see a new player given the captaincy, I think Whitts is a possable choice, espiecially as Malky has openly talked about how he is central to his plans, however, I think Miller would be able to do the job, he recently captained Scotland for the first time. But ofcourse, should be return, Bellamy would be everyones first choice I would imagine :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 am

I asked this queation to Barrie Mac and he confirmed that Hudson is the capatain and that Malky is happy with that :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:18 am

Feeling Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Hasn't he given it to Hudson as I thought the decision was made recently[*]

if so then fair enough im not against hudson being captain i just felt he played better without the responsibity of being our captain

Totally agree mate. I'd say give it to Gunnarsson or Miller. Both have been captains before and lead by example. I think Miller thrives on it more but I'm a fan of the captain being in the thick of things.

I really like Hudson though and hopefully the captaincy doesn't take his focus off his game because he was quality last season.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Hudson played f*cking awful when he was captain...When Bellers came in Hudson did great! I think its too late now but for me its Earnie, hes captained Wales and still played well. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:00 pm

I think it will be Miller

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:40 pm

I thought the captain issue hasnt been decided yet, but at present Hudson is club captain. I could be wrong.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:44 pm

I think it will be Hudson or MIller myself....Miller hasnt started a game so could be him!!

People say Hudson isnt a good captain yet he has captained nearly every club he has played for, are we wrong or all these managers right?
Another thought is is a captains role now more on or off the pitch? id say off it

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 pm

It would be disrespectful to take it away from Hudson. He hasn't really done anything to deserve to lose it, and it could cause problems if it was taken away from him.