Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCS Wi-fi

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Does anybody know the stadium wi-fi passwords ?

On my iPod touch the main two networks which usually appear are 'TICKETING' and 'PRESS', which I'm guessing is for the media :lol:

Re: CCS Wi-fi

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 am

I wouldn't mind knowing the wifi passwords . I can never connect my iPhone to orange Internet when in the ground on match days/nights I get 5 bar signal and 3G but never let's me connect :evil:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:13 am

I am one of the photographers at the ground.

The password to the media room changes every couple of matches so if the password did become available it would not be available long term.

I would recommend getting MiFi from 3 and creating your own personal wifi network.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 am

CCFC in the dark ages on this one.

Why can't it be a free network? Wouldn't cost much and fans would love it.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:21 am

Its the amount of metal and concrete thats blocking the mobile signal. Pisses me off there isnt a free wifi service there.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am

Yeah, it would make sense to make it free wi-fi. Unless there is some legal or financial reason for it not being available for free?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 am

The club would make a hell of a lot of money if a company put a telephone mast up in the stadium.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:33 am

Midfield general wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Its the amount of metal and concrete thats blocking the mobile signal. Pisses me off there isnt a free wifi service there.

I've always wondered why the mobile phone signal no matter what supplier you are with has a pants signal inside the ground. Would it benefit the club if we had a mobile phone mast on top of the ground like we had at Ninian Park..?

The stadium acts as a giant FARADY CAGE, hence poor mobile reception

http://www.faradaycage.org/

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:55 am

Tried to Text & phone some one when I went up to St. James's Park last season to watch Newcastle Vs. West Brom and had full bar but couldn't get through to anyone. Was told that because so many people in the same area are trying to do the same it jams up the network.