Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

App or Android help?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 am

I have an iphone at the moment but really do like the HTC Desire HD and im thinking of getting one. The only worry I have at the moment is that apps wise, which is better? my head says the iphone because of the apps, but just want to see if anyone out there has an adroid phone that thinks otherwise? I loved using my iphone to check the scores in the rest of the championship using the sky sports score center app. Do they have this application on android aswell? I wont talk bs for much longer, just would really appreciate if someone could help enlighten me on what android has to offer apps wise ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: App or Android help?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 am

Ive just bought HTC Desire S which is my 1st smartfone and the apps seem to be ok , but if you've already got iPhone then Im guessing you will be downgrading slightly for less apps and apps content , why not PM Phatfrog ( Hannah ) on here coz she works for 1 of the phone shops in Cardiff ?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:15 am

I moved from an IP4 to a SGS2 and have found there is more apps at the moment for the IP4.

There isn't a skysports app as there is on the IP4 but there are loads of android apps which offer the same features. For example FotMob will offer you pretty much the same and will also send you text notifications for your fav teams for goals, bookings, subs etc in real time.

Best option is to compare iTunes store and Android market for the apps you like to use and see if you can get them on Android before you buy a HTC.

Some of the apps available on both platforms are better on the IP4. For example eBay app is much better on the IP4.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Ive just bought HTC Desire S which is my 1st smartfone and the apps seem to be ok , but if you've already got iPhone then Im guessing you will be downgrading slightly for less apps and apps content , why not PM Phatfrog ( Hannah ) on here coz she works for 1 of the phone shops in Cardiff ?

Thanks Mart :)

Theres still thousands upon thousands of apps on Android and most are free. Gaming isnt as good on an android though.

Seriously thoufh, get a Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 am

I can recommend to Samsung S2. Mind you the iPhone 5 is due in September so I would wait to see the spec of that first.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:23 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:I can recommend to Samsung S2. Mind you the iPhone 5 is due in September so I would wait to see the spec of that first.

Dual core processor, possibley A5 chip, 1080p and 8mp camera I reckon. Bring it up to scratch with S2.

Interested to see the new software mind.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:25 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:I can recommend to Samsung S2. Mind you the iPhone 5 is due in September so I would wait to see the spec of that first.

Dual core processor, possibley A5 chip, 1080p and 8mp camera I reckon. Bring it up to scratch with S2.

IOS 5 doesn't look that much different from what I have seen. You would think Apple would try and trump the S2 rather than match it. The screen is always going to be the winner for Samsung.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:44 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

IOS 5 doesn't look that much different from what I have seen. You would think Apple would try and trump the S2 rather than match it. The screen is always going to be the winner for Samsung.

Theres going to be about 200 new features on the iOS5. When you start using it, you'll notice the difference ;)

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:50 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Theres going to be about 200 new features on the iOS5. When you start using it, you'll notice the difference ;)

Trouble with Apple is there will be 185 that you can't see as they are background changes. I've just upgraded to Lion OSX which claims there is 250 new features over SL. Looks virtually the same with the odd tweek which is what IOS 5 will be like ;)