Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHERE IF ANYWHERE . . . . . . . . .

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:21 am

Do you think our squad is lacking ?

How many more signings do you think we need to be ale to compete at the top end of the division?

Not looking for names but more position wise.

Re: WHERE IF ANYWHERE . . . . . . . . .

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:26 am

a winger and another striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:28 am

I'd like a keeper

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 am

carlccfc wrote:Do you think our squad is lacking ?

How many more signings do you think we need to be ale to compete at the top end of the division?

I still standby this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55048

Kiss/Mason untried at this level. Parkin not good enough. Plus the 2 MM states he needs

A creative midfielder, A strong centre back, left wing & possibly another striker. Another four players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fb Cb Mf Rw Cf......

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:31 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:

I still standby this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55048

Kiss/Mason untried at this level. Parkin not good enough. Plus the 2 MM states he needs

2 wingers, 1 centre mid (strong, holding type), 1 striker, 1 defender

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:32 am

Keeper is a bit suspect

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am

Bellamy/Routledge or similar
Jonjo Shelvey on loan
Cameron Jerome or similar

Job done - Champions :old:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am

CB, (centre back not Craig Bellamy) :D

I would like to see a more reliable keeper. Never comfortable with Marshall and Heaton is not good at coming off of his line and also not clever collecting crosses.IMHO.

I also want to see how the centre mid play today too. :?:

Difficult to say without seeing the first 11 play for 90 mins though.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:35 am

I think we need another 2 wingers, don't think cowie really looks like a winger which only leaves us with Conway Taylor and whitts who can play there. Ideally I want Taylor at left bk which leaves us massively short on cover especially as Conway has been injured for a couple of weeks

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:36 am

Our back 5 have shown time and again that they're not capable of keeping clean sheets regards of who plays in what position. Most successful sides are built from the back for me a dominant goalkeeper and centre half should be Malkys next priorities.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:36 am

I think 3 players,it wouldn't be cheap but if we got luke chambers,darren ambrose and bellamy we ll be match for anyone.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 am

two centre mids target man and two wingers squad now mid table at best.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:39 am

IMO we need another 4 - a pacy Centre Back, a strong Centre Midfielder, a pacy Winger and another Striker. Obviously we'll have to let players leave before we can strengthen - Gyepes, Taiwo & Parkin would be my choice to ditch. As it stands i think we lack the depth to mount a serious challenge.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:40 am

We need a fast centre half in the mould of Gabbidon or Johnson coz Hudson and Gerrard as a pair are way too slow and will get done by a quick centre forward each time .

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 am

Iwould hope for a solid centre half and a goalkeeper plus a couple of loans to cover other positions

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:A creative midfielder, A strong centre back, left wing & possibly another striker. Another four players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree!!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 am

1 centre half
2 wingers
1 cm
1 forward

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:43 am

Please
1 A dominant Keeper not one like dracula
2 ugly ball winning passer at centre back
3 creative central player (but recently encouraged by Kiss)
4 Strong centre forward to link the play and hold the ball up for other runners off him (must be able to stay on feet)

these positions cover the SPINE of the team, the thing that knits the other positions together , other players MM has broughht in will work off this spine, I think there are more t come yet :ayatollah:
Thanks santa

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am

Goalkeeper, Centre Half, attacking midfield, winger and another forward.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:47 am

So to surmise.....everywhere :lol:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:49 am

A midfield enforcer/ slightly dirty b*stard to disrupt the opposition and protect the back four.

What we need otherwise is difficult to judge until we see how all the new players settle in. I'm not worried about the defence as long as there is a general team effort to support the back 4 - it doesn't matter how good they are if the rest of the team keeps giving the ball to the opposition.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:49 am

i see rudy as parkins replacement. As much as I want big jon to succeed, watching him trying so hard at yeovil and just simply not cuttng the mustard was sad to watch, He just isnt good enough for this club. i think he is another eddie johnson"bit of fun" signing, and when it comes down to it, i dont think it will take too long for the boo boys ringing his name. Whilst we have acquired some good sound midfielders, my feeling watching the friendlies that we dont have a leader in the middle of the park, everyone is still making the comfortable pass without showing flair. hopefully when confidence grows the likes of cowey etc will start demonstrating their full abilities.

Strikers look good but i still think we need another - if earnie or kenny get injured, i dont feel we have enough depth to fill the space. Rudy and Joe are ones for the future and too much pressure should not be placed on them yet.

Plenty of options at the back, pleased with the defence.

Wingers, definitly, if we cant get bellers back this season which looks quite likely now with SSN saying celtic is back on, id break the bank a bit on wages and scupper forest and leicesters attempts for routledge.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 am

We've got no pace at centre back, and we lack wingers.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 am

pacy winger
strong thin agile! centre forward with experience to replace parkin
another centre midfield

happy with defence, gerrard is like a new signing

mid table beckons otherwise

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:07 am

2 wingers which i think will be 2 loans from the prem which will come in at the end of the month

weiss man city would be my number 1 a right winger which would en enable cowie to play more central

also a top quality center half who i think will also be a loan player maybe danny wilson????

dont need another striker or keeper think we have enough quality there just have to wait nw for the players to gel together

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 am

NJ73 wrote:So to surmise.....everywhere :lol:

Go and eat your hat.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am

Wide need more wingers.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16 am

i think we just need one player of quality.bellamy would fit the bill.

I feel we have a lot of good players, if they gel, the team will do well. But i just think we need that match winner, who can produce something from nothing....