Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:05 am

Last season's team, finishing 4th, but not showing much fight and passion.

Or this season's team, finishing 15th, but working from the first minute until the last, and clapping us fans.

I know which one for me, the second :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:24 am

im the second choice aswell i much rather passion in players

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:33 am

If we finished 15th how many fans would be on MM's back? There seems to be many people thinking we will be in the top 6 so 15th would come as a big shock no matter how many players clap the fans.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:05 am

4th without a shadow of a doubt. I can't believe anyone would want otherwise :?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 am

2blue2handle wrote:4th without a shadow of a doubt. I can't believe anyone would want otherwise :?

110% agree!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 am

Lower league and you can't be confident of a top 6 place :lol: Mickey mouse club at best.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:13 pm

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:Lower league and you can't be confident of a top 6 place :lol: Mickey mouse club at best.

I've never been on a Jack forum. Seriously I don't get why you're here :roll: !

I bet you're disappear when you'll in the bottom three from the first game of the season, right? :lol:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:29 pm

People say that they would rather the former, but look where it has gotten us the last 2 seasons. OK fair play we finished 4th both times, but we are still in the championship!! Whether we finish 4th or 15th, we start in the same place the next season. Both times we reached the playoffs we lost out to TEAMS who gave EVERYTHING for the cause.

I know that I for one would rather put a proper TEAM together, handle finishing 15th for one season, and then push on the next season watching the players give everything week in, week out. For us fans at least, isn't that what football is all about?

For the record though, I think we'll make top ten this season. I'll be happy with that.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54867

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:22 pm

People say that they would rather the former, but look where it has gotten us the last 2 seasons. OK fair play we finished 4th both times, but we are still in the championship!! Whether we finish 4th or 15th, we start in the same place the next season. Both times we reached the playoffs we lost out to TEAMS who gave EVERYTHING for the cause.

I know that I for one would rather put a proper TEAM together, handle finishing 15th for one season, and then push on the next season watching the players give everything week in, week out. For us fans at least, isn't that what football is all about?

Finishing as high up the league as possible is incredibly important as it generates a lot more prize money and we know how fickle our fans are so we would see a massive drop in attendances if we were losing that many games, less revenue, less sales in the club shop, less programmes sold, and no doubt a much lower intake on season tickets for the following season - so it all has a big effect and not just as simple as just still being in the championship.

For a team to be full of passion and still finish 15 to me would say they must be dog shit players. 15th this season would be no where near good enough and a disastrous first season. I fully expect Malky and the boys to show plenty of passion but they must also show quality and anything less than pushing for top 6 would be a massive disappointment.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Finishing as high up the league as possible is incredibly important as it generates a lot more prize money and we know how fickle our fans are so we would see a massive drop in attendances if we were losing that many games, less revenue, less sales in the club shop, less programmes sold, and no doubt a much lower intake on season tickets for the following season - so it all has a big effect and not just as simple as just still being in the championship.

For a team to be full of passion and still finish 15 to me would say they must be dog shit players. 15th this season would be no where near good enough and a disastrous first season. I fully expect Malky and the boys to show plenty of passion but they must also show quality and anything less than pushing for top 6 would be a massive disappointment.

Fair enough, good points as I never actually took anything such a prize into consideration. Good points about the attendances etc.

However, don't you think that pushing for the playoffs is a bit ambitious for this season? Fair enough that 15th is a very low estimate, but surely top 10 would be reasonable and not too much of a disappointment?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:49 pm

My personal opinion is DJ would have got us top 6 this season (although failed to take us up as usual). so I dont see why expectations should be lowered, with what should be a better manager. DJ pretty much built a new team every season anyway, in fairness to MM he has a little more to do but I think top 6 has to be the target.

Everyone likes a bit of passion, andy Legg was one of my all time favs for this reason but just watching some passion isnt enough for me. Could do that for free watching park footie.