Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Forums A Mess.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Batton down the hatches.. :D

No seriously, as a contributor of the board this is just constructive criticism so please dont let it decend into petty squables and silly attacks.

theres 10 topics pinned at the top of the page :? dont know why half of them are there to be honest, pinned, unpinned, pinned, unpinned.

Posts getting deleted, posts getting locked, then re-opened, then locked again.

The whole lay out gives me a headache to be honest, surely this got to be a better layout than this one?

I know Owain didnt like the idea but surely now is the time for Forum Sections.

We need the following sections IMO.

1.)Football Only Section.

A place where people can chat about Cardiff City Football Club, Its Players, Fixtures, Opponents, or any other Football Clubs or fixtures, games past and games in the future, Transfer Talks and anything to do with Football Basicly.

2.) General Banter Section

This is the place to discus Politics, the best Indian Takeaway in the Rhondda, What you had for Lunch, Women, History, Geography, Current Affairs or who can fart the loudest etc.

3.) Buying and Selling Section

Self explanitory and already exists.

4.) Gambling Section

Where people can talk about what Football Bets they are doing for the weekend, upcoming Horse Races, Betting on the darts or whatever floats your boat

Might be hard to start and the Mods will have a job on their hands transfering posts from people who dont get it into the relevant sections but give it a few weeks and it will run like clockwork.

Its just my personal thoughts, I expect some will back me and some will be against it, but hey ho, if you dont ask, you dont get

:ayatollah:

Re: The Forums A Mess.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:33 pm

sounds good to me ..

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:33 pm

I dont hav a problem with the layout at all,but would like less stickys

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:37 pm

I think the biggest problem is peoples inability to post in threads already open. A lot of people feel the needs to start a new thread everytimes despite there clearly being several on the same subject. It makes the board repeitive and messy. I have merged them in the past but then get people posting new threads about why had there post been deleted (it hadnt just put in a tidy place in an already opened thread)

I agree about the pinned items, ive never liked them but thats my personal preference. I think if anything is interesting enough it will remain near the top of the page through posts of members anyway.

As for sections I was a big supporter of them but past experience shows to me that they hardly work, the other sections just let ignored. and anything of interest always gets moved into the footie section otherwise it doesnt get seen.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Maybe break the footie section down into City and non-city, and just have 'updates' as stickies.

I agree though, the general banter should be separated.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think the biggest problem is peoples inability to post in threads already open. A lot of people feel the needs to start a new thread everytimes despite there clearly being several on the same subject. It makes the board repeitive and messy. I have merged them in the past but then get people posting new threads about why had there post been deleted (it hadnt just put in a tidy place in an already opened thread)

I agree about the pinned items, ive never liked them but thats my personal preference. I think if anything is interesting enough it will remain near the top of the page through posts of members anyway.

As for sections I was a big supporter of them but past experience shows to me that they hardly work, the other sections just let ignored. and anything of interest always gets moved into the footie section otherwise it doesnt get seen.

Agreed on all counts.

Especially the new threads....there should be one Goodwillie, one Bellamy, one Fagan etc....thread. IMO.

If you move the non-football stuff out, people will not pay much attention to it. Then those posting non-football stuff will try posting it back in the the football section so someone will read it.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 pm

millar i agree. no one can help creating a topic and not notice it has already been created which is fine but the same crap is posted every hour :lol:
right i'm moving to ccmb. goodbye!
(oh wait i'm banned for life :( )

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Can we have a "Most likely to be deleted section" I can live on there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:23 pm

and an update section :D

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think the biggest problem is peoples inability to post in threads already open. A lot of people feel the needs to start a new thread everytimes despite there clearly being several on the same subject. It makes the board repeitive and messy. I have merged them in the past but then get people posting new threads about why had there post been deleted (it hadnt just put in a tidy place in an already opened thread)

I agree - one post per subject. Although there may need to be some leeway for long running topics, e.g. signing Bellamy, or perhaps an option to click on "last 6 posts" otherwise some of the big threads will run into hundreds or thousands of posts.

Perhaps Mods need a "locked as repetitive thread" button which would automatically add a post stating "thread locked as subject already covered in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" and lock the thread to prevent further posting. Posters who repeatedly had this applied to their posts would get the message.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I dont hav a problem with the layout at all,but would like less stickys

I agree about the "stickies" - there are 9 at the time of writing and 6 are by the same poster; not sure any of them should be "stuck" at the top for ages. :roll:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:57 am

I have spoke to annis about the sticky's before and we agree to disagree that its a love hate thing. At the end of the day these Stickys get more attention and are 90% important info that fans need. I personally have never added a sticky but can see why others have.

repetitive thread:
Now i dont wanna get anal about it (incase milly is about :? ), i have no probs about one or two threads about bellamy starting as long as they have a point. but 5 or 6 on the same subject when others subjects underneath are the same is to much??

Like we had a match thread today yet everyone started a new thread averytime something happened :?: I didn't go and was online and observe and sometimes people make a point for debate other time its just comments to add to the match day thread?

I personally asked for Owain to allowus to be be able to merge threads, which is a new thing but will help clear the MB.

Anyone who has any reasonable points to help make it a better MB post below and they will be seen.