Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

cutting edge missing?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:33 pm

some of the football we played today (palma not a bad side)was awesome ,at times we looked comfortable playing from the back ,our centre backs must be patient and wait for a outlet ,and not panic and hoof it ala last season ,some of our movement was first class ,conway and taylor looked good together ,as did cowie and mcnoughton , mason has so much potential and looks a steal ,whits had a solid game in the middle ,the only down side was no goals, but lets give the forwards some time to get it together ,personally i am over the moon the way this team is progressing lets all just be patient , not go overboard with expectations , and enjoy our new era . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: cutting edge missing?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:01 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:some of the football we played today (palma not a bad side)was awesome ,at times we looked comfortable playing from the back ,our centre backs must be patient and wait for a outlet ,and not panic and hoof it ala last season ,some of our movement was first class ,conway and taylor looked good together ,as did cowie and mcnoughton , mason has so much potential and looks a steal ,whits had a solid game in the middle ,the only down side was no goals, but lets give the forwards some time to get it together ,personally i am over the moon the way this team is progressing lets all just be patient , not go overboard with expectations , and enjoy our new era . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I generally agree with you mate, although we did hit the bar 3 times today and our top two strikers, Miller and Earnie, are behind on their pre season preperation and are therefore not as sharp as they will be. Some of the football we played was a delight and it made such a refreshing change from last season where our game plan just seemed to conssist of pumping the ball to Jay. If we could get Bellamy in and a decent, mobile target man, as well as a lightning winger then we could be in business. Lot more optimistic watching this than after Celtic.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:08 pm

exactly what i was saying and a vast improvement on the yoevil match we are definatly going in the right direction :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:24 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:exactly what i was saying and a vast improvement on the yoevil match we are definatly going in the right direction :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agreed. We seem to be gelling and what encouraged me was that Kiss and Gunnarson didnt even get on the pitch and they will expect to be pushing for a first team start. I definietly think we need some improvement in the final 3rd, maybe another striker (preferably a mobile target man) and another winger but all in all we do seem to be moving in the right direction!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:27 pm

well im with you jimbo cant wait to get on the bus to west ham :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:39 pm

i am convinced if miller can get the right service he will be fantastic this season. but as other people have said maybe we need another winger to help the amo a bit.

can't wait tho for season to kick off :ayatollah: