Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Looked much sharper today.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Earnie, Miller and Whitts all coming close.

Miller for top scorer, mark my words ;)

Re: Looked much sharper today.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Agree, it was like a different team from Celtic. Still lack some width though.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:48 pm

RFMH wrote:Agree, it was like a different team from Celtic. Still lack some width though.

I think the fact he is playing cowie quite wide and had to use Naylor wide shows he wants another wide player....Ive always said Naylor can do a job wide though and stand by it

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:48 pm

RFMH wrote:Agree, it was like a different team from Celtic. Still lack some width though.

didn't go to the game but by sounds of it we need right winger? cowie drifts inside to much?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:50 pm

lOOKING AT A FEW PHOTOS FROM THE GAME TODAY, IT LOOKS LIKE MACKAY HAS WIDENED THE PITCH?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm not blaming Cowie for drifting inside he was effective there and seemed more natural there, but our lack of width was noticeable.

Fagan didn't really play out there MM opted to have him up top nearly all the time he was on the pitch, whereas, if he is going to play for us I feel it's on the wing we should have tested him.

Naylor didn't do bad and i'm not a Naylor hater like many on here, but his cock up near the end and then "Oh im hurt" after wasn't great, though the reaction to him coming on is pathetic, he's a city player!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:03 pm

RFMH wrote:I'm not blaming Cowie for drifting inside he was effective there and seemed more natural there, but our lack of width was noticeable.

Fagan didn't really play out there MM opted to have him up top nearly all the time he was on the pitch, whereas, if he is going to play for us I feel it's on the wing we should have tested him.

Naylor didn't do bad and i'm not a Naylor hater like many on here, but his cock up near the end and then "Oh im hurt" after wasn't great, though the reaction to him coming on is pathetic, he's a city player!

I couldn't get to the game today, but on the Cardiff City Player commentary they said Naylor was elbowed in the face before he lost possession near the end?

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Well i'll plead ignorance as I was in the opposite corner, Naylor was ok other than that moment whatever happened, though he wasn't on for very long.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Went to the game not feeling confident about the new season,but I was pleasantly supprised by the performance of all the players,improvements in the team from last season:-
1) the defence was more solid and confident in each other,
2) it was good to see defenders bringing the ball down to the ground, by either bringing it down with the chest, or controlling it with their feet, instead of just heading back up field not knowing where it was going.
3) the ball was kept on the ground and passed at pace, we are a better side when we play the game at pace.
4) whitts looked as if he enjoyed every minuite of the game, and was my man of the match,
5) keV was just keV right on top of his game,
6) the approach work was superb at times, they had a solid back four, but we will break better defences down than this one, once we are up and running.
7) the fault I could find was that up front we missed a boothroyd type of player,we need someone to hold the ball up in the front line, after today I full faith in malky that he will find someone

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:42 pm

craig fagan and joe mason look very promising earnie will be a super sub - miller needs to sharpen up whitts back to form
and gerred 100% better every game i watch him pre season ! :ayatollah: four more players needed to challenge top 10 before xmas

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:44 pm

mallo wrote:craig fagan and joe mason look very promising earnie will be a super sub - miller needs to sharpen up whitts back to form
and gerred 100% better every game i watch him pre season ! :ayatollah: four more players needed to challenge top 10 before xmas

wow you first person who seems to have said fagan was good? you think he will get a contract?