Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Too much negativity - we ARE good!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Some people my think I am being too optimistic, but I think we've got a strong squad with an excellent chance of a top 6 place or better. Some people on this board seem to think we are weaker than last year, but, with the exception of no Bellamy, I don't agree.

1.Why do we need another centre half? Hudson was outstanding for most of last year and Gerrard was player of the season at his club. The arrival of Keinan last season solidified central defence, and it was only after Hudson got injured that we looked truly vulnerable (it was the same the previous season, in my opinion, when Huds was out for longer). With Darcy and Kev for back-up, there are few defences in our league that strong.

2.The players we have brought in are the equal of those who have left - Miller for Bothroyd and Earnie for Chops for example. Burke only played well in patches last season, and I think Conway and Cowie could be better replacements at this time.

3. The Malky factor - we saw what a good side Watford were on a limited budget last year - we have better players than they did last season and Malky is now OUR man!

4. There are only 2 teams that appear to be better than us in the division - West Ham and (probably) Leicester, although I'm not convinced that Leicester can necessarily compete with the scattergun approach to signings that they have made. NO OTHER TEAM in the division is better than they were last season, when we finished 4th, remember? Possibly Brighton may be dark horses and do a Norwich.

So lets be positive - we ARE GOOD ENOUGH to get promoted and stand a better chance than virtually every team in the division. Enjoy it - this is our year!

Re: Too much negativity - we ARE good!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm quietly confident that we can finish top 6,its hard to gauge during pre season but it all depends how quickly everyone can gel

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 pm

talkshite. reporter said. we got nothing up front to cause the palma defence any problems? :roll:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:12 pm

ninianblue wrote:talkshite. reporter said. we got nothing up front to cause the palma defence any problems? :roll:

talkshite are utter wankers thats why