Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£250k wanted for Le Fondre

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Sky Sports is claiming Rotherham United want £250,000 for star striker Adam Le Fondre. Apparently the League Two club has just turned down a £200,000 bid from Sheffield Wednesday.

Anyone think Malky should be interested at that price? Or is the jump up two league's too much of a risk?

I remember Dave Jones showing an interest back in January (it's thought some sort of bid was made), and the lad's still only 24, scoring 50 goals in under 100 games the Millers - impressive no matter which club we're talking about.

:ayatollah:

Re: £250k wanted for Le Fondre

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Jollffe wrote:Sky Sports is claiming Rotherham United want £250,000 for star striker Adam Le Fondre. Apparently the League Two club has just turned down a £200,000 bid from Sheffield Wednesday.

Anyone think Malky should be interested at that price? Or is the jump up two league's too much of a risk?

I remember Dave Jones showing an interest back in January (it's thought some sort of bid was made), and the lad's still only 24, scoring 50 goals in under 100 games the Millers - impressive no matter which club we're talking about.

:ayatollah:

although is ratio is good it is at a low league and he is unproven at this level.. i think we will have a similar player in mason and feel we now need a bit of proven quality....

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Seen him play in the felsh a couple of times whilst watching Shrewsbury.

An excellent L2/1 player, has the quality to score 20 in the Championship, under the right coaching.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 pm

I thought that they want a lot more than that. He is a class player who would score a lot of goals in this Division. Scored 50 in the last 2 seasons ! albeit at a lower level. He scores a lot of goals. :D

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 am

Not saying he isnt good enough, dont really remember him tbh but if clubs are scrapping over 50k with his record it makes me think his all round game may be off? im guessing so tell me more?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:34 am

Charlie Austin to burnley from Swindon did that work out and there's
Your answer !

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:30 am

Austin was injured for most of the time post his signing for burnley so not really a fair comparison. Earnie and miller cannot play together. Need a proven big man in the box as several decent crosses were wasted yesterday.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 am

dorsetblue wrote:Austin was injured for most of the time post his signing for burnley so not really a fair comparison. Earnie and miller cannot play together. Need a proven big man in the box as several decent crosses were wasted yesterday.

That's Rudy for you! He was brilliant yesterday. So much better than Bothroyd in the air. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:58 am

It's 100% worth a risk imo. Our squad is not exactly blessed with goals!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not saying he isnt good enough, dont really remember him tbh but if clubs are scrapping over 50k with his record it makes me think his all round game may be off? im guessing so tell me more?

He is a goal poacher - but lazy I'm told.

He doesn't work for the team and was dropped a few times towards the end of last season.

Rotherham fans won't want to see him go, so I don't take everything they say as 'gospel', but I have heard enough of them with genuinely mixed views to be very unconvinced.

I think he would be found out in the Championship, and be a passenger on the pitch.