Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Robert Earnshaw

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:26 pm

After the FC Parma game today i was slightly dissapointed with Earnie's performance.. For me today he didn't do enough personally IMO i think hadn't of he been out of contract at Forest MM wouldn't have signed him. I no this may sound very negative and its only pre-season so on i'm aware of that and Earnie did say in the Echo when he signed he gets motivated off the atmosphere so let's hope this season we are constantly loud to get behind the boys. Last thing I'd like to say is how well Rudy Gestade(if thats his name :lol: ) Joe Mason and Conway played today...C'MON THE BLUES AND REMEMBER EARNIES GUNNA GET YA !

Re: Robert Earnshaw

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:54 am

Have to agree I'm afraid . Rudy and Miller upfront for me against the hammers with 4 in mid field.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 am

Guys I think your being pretty harsh. He's had about 15mins of game time before the Parma game.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 am

Its happening already. The Messiah is getting slagged off!!

Earnshaw will never contribute to overall play. When he was dropping
And trying to get involved yesterday it was alien to him. Earnshaw is
A goal poacher, end of. When he doesn't score, it means he's done
nothing! Kenny Miller and A N. Other will be our main strikeforce this
Season. Earnie is an impact player off the bench.

Miller, Mason, Conway, Cowie, Whittingham, Taylor, Gerrard, Hudson
All had good games today. Gestede done alright too and Marshall
Was solid enough. Unless he is scoring, Earnie just don't bring enough
To the table

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:03 am

A signing to appease the fans - simple as . Good PR . Seemed to have worked.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:14 am

Dear god!!!! He's been injured for two weeks so is behind on his fitness and sharpness and this was one of his first games this summer, against a good serie a team!!! Give the guy a chance to get himself fit and finish pre season! I'm baffled by everyone praising Gestede, he won a few headers but looked slow and ponderous on the ball, he's a vast improvement on Parkin but not in the same class as Bothroyd! Still most fans seem to want people who put themselves about rather than actual talent!