Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This Season: 'Proud' being the Operative Word

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:25 am

Does anyone else genuinely believe this season will be ours where the dream gets delivered?

As we're on the cusp of the new campaign, new players, systems, manager etc will naturally provoke this type of assessment of the forthcoming campaign.

My opinion at this stage is that Malky and his team WILL deliver this season, and I will even go as far as saying automatic - I genuinely believe this. Without focusing on our competitors, the aspect on which I think this aspect pivots, even at this early stage, is the next two signings that Malky is convinced he will get either in August or September.

I have a genuine belief that the team/squad we have is more than capable. If you make a comparison with Norwich or even Swansea from last season and look at our team/squad now it doesnt take a fool to conclude its good enough. The element of the equation that is driving my belief is the fact we have Malky steering the ship although he eludes to how many players left last season, and the size of the re-build job etc, he is a quality young manager who has been backed to assemble his OWN team, literally from scratch in an attacking sense.

Malky has been very clever in the media always approaching this fact from a negative perspective, however he must be brimming inside knowing that in only the six weeks he's been at the club he's brought in exactly the personnel he targetted essentially creating the team he wants. There are not many managers out there who can boast that, even after being at clubs for years.

Consequently, and potentially most importantly, these are Malky's men and he would've analysed their personalities and work ethics prior to recruitment. As such he knows the culture he's wishing to staple within the club has a real possibility of bedding in, as the players implementing his ethos will be HIS players and he will trust them to do this. Malky wants to have an attacking cohesion and fluidity that will significantly raise the potential for goals, and have a defensive aggression & coordination that will really test the preparation our opposition will have made.

Malky always eludes in the media to the fact the fans will see their players sweating in the jersey this year. Co
Considering this and all the aforementioned we are going to have a team and a set up that we can take REAL PRIDE in this year, and if we do our bit I'm convinced this time next year we will be proud fans of the number one team in Wales awaiting our opening EPL fixture. Exciting times ahead I can assure you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: