Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PETER WHITTINGHAM

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:49 pm

taffyapple wrote:
polo wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote: But he is like a totally different player under Mackay, which to me yet
again underlines just how shite Dave Jones was at man management, motivation
and tactical awareness.

quote]

Jones couldnt have been that bad at man management in Whitts case considering he got 40 goals from midfield last two seasons. :?

Fair comment. But Whitts disappeared last year didnt he, and looked half the player

Not really he still set a lot of our goals up, and chipped in with a few of his own.

If he could be the best player on the pitch every game he would plying his trade in the premier league.

I think theres only Lionel Messi in world football whos level is 100% every single game.

Re: PETER WHITTINGHAM

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:46 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:If he puts the effort in he should be playing in the premier league. Theres a good reason why he isnt and I highlighted a few of them. I have heard he has been getting stuck in in pre-season (saving for a wedding, no friendlies for me) and I hope it continues.

Getting stuck in?? Not really. But what Whitts ALWAYS does is track back and
get goalside of his man. Thats all he needs to do defensively. Whitts is looking
absolute class under Malky, everyone looks to give him the ball, because he
always shows for it. I agree to an extent, he did drift out of games under Dave
Jones. But he is like a totally different player under Mackay, which to me yet
again underlines just how shite Dave Jones was at man management, motivation
and tactical awareness.

Guess whats going to happen all season... he is going to get targetted, the opposition
are going to try and cut off the supply to him. Harry him, hassle him, knock him
about a bit.

Shame really... Cos Don Cowie was also Watfords playmaker last season, Gunnarsson
is a class passer of the ball and "give us a" Kiss can also ping a ball.

Mackay has put together the best midfield in the division, and before anyone starts
on about us having no width? Perhaps you should have a look at Craig Conway!!!!

Dont get me started on Dave Jones! Anyone who thinks Dave Jones had any man management skills should perhaps look at his treatment of Gyepes, Thompson, Matthews, Gerrard, etc etc