Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CB39.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

Surely if Craig Wanted to come back he would.
All clubs involved know the situation and ultimately its up to the player. He can refuse Celtic, and Citeh can Give £90k for the next 10months or sanction a deal to us and only pay him £55k pw......Time will only tell.

Re: CB39.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am

What i dont get is when he said he needs the wges for his academy so he cant take a pay cut. So what happens when he retires in around two years does he leave him rot because he isnt getting his 90k anymore its a bad excuse if you ask me. I also hate when footballers in general say they cant take a paycut because their family needs the money. Well if you cant look after your family on 8k a week youve got some thing to learn.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Personally,I think CB is full of Shit. If I wanted to play for my hometown club,I wouldn't give a toss,especially if I'd already got an estimated 35m in the bank. A money grabber,just like the rest of the over paid so and so's

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Like i said, Time will tell.....

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm

http://allafrica.com/stories/201108011345.html

Shows his commitment to Cardiff IMO! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 pm

He went above and beyond the call of duty by coming back last season. He owes us nothing now in my opinion. If he comes back great. If not, best of luck to him. He'll always be a legend in my eyes. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:20 pm

almaff wrote:Personally,I think CB is full of Shit. If I wanted to play for my hometown club,I wouldn't give a toss,especially if I'd already got an estimated 35m in the bank. A money grabber,just like the rest of the over paid so and so's

Is the £35 million your estimate then, or somebody's who more in the know and worldly wise!

Think you should change your username to Almouth! :twisted:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 pm

almaff wrote:Personally,I think CB is full of Shit. If I wanted to play for my hometown club,I wouldn't give a toss,especially if I'd already got an estimated 35m in the bank. A money grabber,just like the rest of the over paid so and so's

This is nonsense. People who earn the money he does don't just spend a small amount then squirrel it all away. They usually have huge mortgages, commitments, which is the reason they have to take what they're currently earning. There is no way on earth you would know for certain that's what he is worth. Or do the Sunday papers tell you different?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:

This is nonsense. People who earn the money he does don't just spend a small amount then squirrel it all away. They usually have huge mortgages, commitments, which is the reason they have to take what they're currently earning. There is no way on earth you would know for certain that's what he is worth. Or do the Sunday papers tell you different?

Isn't there a quote somewhere that he hasn't touched any wages since he left a certain club, think it's Newcastle but not sure.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Zabier wrote:He went above and beyond the call of duty by coming back last season. He owes us nothing now in my opinion. If he comes back great. If not, best of luck to him. He'll always be a legend in my eyes. :ayatollah:

This

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Zabier wrote:He went above and beyond the call of duty by coming back last season. He owes us nothing now in my opinion. If he comes back great. If not, best of luck to him. He'll always be a legend in my eyes. :ayatollah:

This

this, typical of our unappreciative fans.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Couldn't agree more. We have to shake ourseleves out of this romantic notion that players love any club more than their pay packets.

I certainly believe that some players do form an infinity towards certain clubs, but playing contracts are real life business and trumps all else.

Bellamy coming home again this season would be nice but if a deal can't be facilitated then I wish him good luck.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I think - when he said what he said last season - he meant it.

Trouble is - he didn't think it through - he probably has loads of people telling him that he shouldnt drop his wages etc - just to come to cardiff and that his/a football career is short etc

I bet is head is swinging for one decision to another (heart to Cardiff - head to stay at a top level).

We know that he doesnt need the money but in the position he is - with agents and hangers on - he will not want the drastic drop from the high point of man city wages.

He'll try and keep up his current wage or do a deal to go- end up on about 50k somewhere. how thats made up I do not know.

He could never get more than that anyway - clubs are tightening and his legs are dodgy.

I have never thought he was coming back - I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

Is the £35 million your estimate then, or somebody's who more in the know and worldly wise!

Think you should change your username to Almouth! :twisted:

If you had been following the news on CB,you would've seen that it was reported that he'd had a personal fortune of £35m.You should change your username from "Overthemoon" to "OVERTHEHILL"