Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Junior bluebirds!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 pm

when i was a nipper , i remember some of the kids being a member.

do the clubs have a membership scheme for the new city kids?

was just wondering how i could get the little tyke registered... as i cant seem to find nothing on the city website..

Re: Junior bluebirds!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 pm

I'd also like to know about this.. had a recent addition to the family.. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:31 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:I'd also like to know about this.. had a recent addition to the family.. :ayatollah:

congrats mate... :ayatollah:

ive not heard much on this subject, but yet you see so many things going on.. info must come from somewhere!

family club of the year and all that ;)

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 pm

i asked a topic on here about this and seemed to get little response i think fact is no one knows :( . club has a city kids section on website but all it says is coming soon. Dont get me started on family club of year malarky, yes we have made strides but we are far from that accolade in my personal opinion

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Same here mate I posted a topic and not much response?? Has anyone tried phoning the club yet??

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Kids are the future - the club have to impress on things like this to get them hooked.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:26 pm

They should bring back Bartley the Bluebird as well!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:38 pm

2 girls Sue Goodfriend and Liz used to run the Junior Bluebirds independent from the club, they used to organise training with some of the players and arrange fixtures against other sides prior to the game, I remember Bristol City and Walsall and often had one or two of the lads as mascots. I once managed one particular age group as we once took about 5 sides to Crewe for a tournament and I won my age group, We played against Everton, Notts County, Hereford and Tranmere. Unfortunately it takes volunteers like those 2 girls to get it off the ground and there is an awful lot of time and commitment. The echo ran a Junior Bluebird article at the same time but wasn't up to much.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:41 pm

barrybados_blue wrote:Same here mate I posted a topic and not much response?? Has anyone tried phoning the club yet??

I sent them an email about it, but apparently have the wrong address as it was returned.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 pm

I was a Jr Bluebird i used to love getting letter from the club and the real bartley was my mascot then Used to have a little cardboard card as well with my name on it!! My dad made sure i didn't follow the other kids and go with liverpool or mancs just because the club used to send me letters now 22 and have had a season ticket for 5 years!!! lol

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:30 pm

its strange how we are trying really hard with things going on in the family stand etc... yet we dont have a junior membership etc...

city kids has been coming for years on the website...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Same here fellers my boys is 3 weeks old and im looking for info on city kids :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:Same here fellers my boys is 3 weeks old and im looking for info on city kids :ayatollah:

congrats mate..

as soon as my little boy was born i was looking everywhere to get him registered... 16 months later nout...

maybe we should email the club or get someone to ask about at the next meeting or forum evenings etc...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
CreanyCCFC wrote:Same here fellers my boys is 3 weeks old and im looking for info on city kids :ayatollah:

congrats mate..

as soon as my little boy was born i was looking everywhere to get him registered... 16 months later nout...

maybe we should email the club or get someone to ask about at the next meeting or forum evenings etc...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:

congrats mate..

Cheers mate

Yes im the same he has the kits, pj's and stuff for his room but the rest of the kids range and the lack of any sort of kids club is piss poor for the so called 'family club of the year' imo

some kind of email should be drafted, there must be hundreds of kids just from the members on ths board

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:
CreanyCCFC wrote:

congrats mate..

Cheers mate

Yes im the same he has the kits, pj's and stuff for his room but the rest of the kids range and the lack of any sort of kids club is piss poor for the so called 'family club of the year' imo

i agree,

the club are missing a trick here...

attendances average of around 23k, say around half have kids ,5-10 quid membership or something, plus what we would spend on merchandise for the little tykes = extra revenue for the clubs..

some kind of email should be drafted, there must be hundreds of kids just from the members on ths board

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Should make a sticky on here to gets numbers going then forward the info onto the club :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

I was a Junior Bluebird at some point, over a decade ago mind.

I think I can remember having an ID card shaped as a club top and a pin badge.

CCFC need to look into this!