Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Academy/Reserve Matches

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:54 pm

A couple of questions that might have been asked before but I can't find anything on them...

1. Is there going to be a reserve team this season? If so, will we be able to watch the games?

2. Are us fans allowed to watch the Academy games even when they're at Treforest and elsewhere? Now I am freelancing I would like to be able to make more of the games and watch.

Re: Academy/Reserve Matches

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 pm

You're allowed to go to Academy games. The only problem is that I've found they're not well advertised. I've often found out about games a few hours after they've happened.

Since I'm only up the road in Treforest I try and get to as many as I can if they don't clash with City home games/away games or work.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah, might be worth speaking to the club actually and seeing if they can advertise the games better. Even just a little post on their main site the day before a game to say the time of kick off and location.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

well here's the under 18's fixture list

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Aca ... 89,00.html

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm

I'll have to find out the venues! Might just email the club.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Zabier wrote:Yeah, might be worth speaking to the club actually and seeing if they can advertise the games better. Even just a little post on their main site the day before a game to say the time of kick off and location.

They don't like to for their own reasons mate .