Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard in the Echo

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 pm

you couldnt make it up - comedy gold at its best !!

17% over on his fat tests and he says personality clashes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ego's have gone and then bleats on how good he his :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pub player.

Re: Gerrard in the Echo

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm

I agree with you Steve, Never rated him.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm

He'll be our number 1 defender this season, if given a chance.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Ste_W wrote:He'll be our number 1 defender this season, if given a chance.

:lol: I like your optimism mate, Just because he kisses our badge and is vocal doesn't make him a good player .

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Hull City a pub team now? To win Supporters Player of the Year at any Championship club is an achievement. Will be our number 1 center half this year, and shouldn't have been aloud on loan last season. If he was 17% over, how much was Jon Parkin over? Yet Jon managed to get a wage from CCFC.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Hull City a pub team now? To win Supporters Player of the Year at any Championship club is an achievement. Will be our number 1 center half this year, and shouldn't have been aloud on loan last season. If he was 17% over, how much was Jon Parkin over? Yet Jon managed to get a wage from CCFC.

And how much was Dave Jones over! Off the scale I'd bet. No kind of an example to be setting

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:10 pm

going tell him he fat b*stard to his face then daya sure you have few choice words to say to you

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Ste_W wrote:He'll be our number 1 defender this season, if given a chance.

No chance.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Hull City a pub team now? To win Supporters Player of the Year at any Championship club is an achievement. Will be our number 1 center half this year, and shouldn't have been aloud on loan last season. If he was 17% over, how much was Jon Parkin over? Yet Jon managed to get a wage from CCFC.

I watched him last game of the season V Wurzles - got battered and was blowing out his arse !

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Parkin was brought in to do a job - he didnt.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Daya wrote:

I watched him last game of the season V Wurzles - got battered and was blowing out his arse !

After 41 games at the 2nd highest level of football in the UK, I think most players were. Hull must have had the shittest team in the league for him to pick up that award but for some reason I doubt him. In the run up to our play off final in 2010, Gerrard was our best Defender, No question about it. Then got dropped.
Last edited by AfanBluebird on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Gerrard will play a big part this season in my opinion he will be 1 of our 1st choice CB's

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Bowmonster wrote:I agree with you Steve, Never rated him.

same

i wouldnt go as far as to saying he's a pub player, but we won't get promoted while he is one of our main 2 centre halves, it pains me to say it but its true

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

same

i wouldnt go as far as to saying he's a pub player, but we won't get promoted while he is one of our main 2 centre halves, it pains me to say it but its true

Scott - you talk alot of sense mate there - although i think promotion wont be close this season either.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Daya wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

same

Scott - you talk alot of sense mate there - although i think promotion wont be close this season either.

i honestly believe that if we bought another centre back of genuine quality and could get Bellamy back in, we will at least challenge for the playoffs, still not for automatic promotion though

if we dont get a defender, i can see us finishing between the 10th-14th mark unfortunately :\

im trying not to knock Gerrard too much, because dont get me wrong he gives 100% (which is, im sure, why he got player of the year for Hull in a season in which their squad lacked quality) ... but he is just simply not good enough, hes really not, his distribution is awful and he just doesnt fill me with any confidence defensively either

i so hope he proves me wrong, i would gladly take all the "i told you so's" from the people on here who think he's our best defender

but hes not

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 pm

your corect in my view Scott - i would go for 14-16 finish but a bad run could trigger something worse.

No Fire power up front either ..... Earnshaw was a token signing not the same Earnie we knew before . Miller will flop and be back in Scotland next season Parkin is spent.

Not trying to be negative but thats my feelings - hudson probably the best CH and that alone says something ! Gypes cant play football - simple as and Gerrard is simply not an athelete to put it in a nice way. Naylor we all know is washed up too.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Daya why not worry about west ham,you tit :roll:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Hr was very much man of the match agaist us last year, easilly the best player on the pitch.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Gerrard is a quality championship centre-back. Gez and Huds will be a quality pairing this season I reckon! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Daya wrote:your corect in my view Scott - i would go for 14-16 finish but a bad run could trigger something worse.

No Fire power up front either ..... Earnshaw was a token signing not the same Earnie we knew before . Miller will flop and be back in Scotland next season Parkin is spent.

Not trying to be negative but thats my feelings - hudson probably the best CH and that alone says something ! Gypes cant play football - simple as and Gerrard is simply not an athelete to put it in a nice way. Naylor we all know is washed up too.

14-16 is a bit disrespectful mate...

even though we have lost jay both and chops etc... we have also brought in better than what we had last yr.

conway will be better than burke, gunnarsson better than oli, taylor better than naylor , cowie...

we now have a team of 110 % players who actually give a shit...

just a little bit of quality now and we will be top 10 and challenging for the play offs..

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Daya wrote:you couldnt make it up - comedy gold at its best !!

17% over on his fat tests and he says personality clashes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ego's have gone and then bleats on how good he his :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pub player.

Player of the Season at Hull after we (stupidly) let him go

I suppose the 'mind games' have started ahead of Sunday's clash with your true love club, have they Steve??

Too predictable by half, you are mate

Comedy, erm, lead!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Keinan is a much better player than both Hudson and Gerrard.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Gerrard's a very good defender, good at set pieces, wins it in air regular, he does not read it as well as Hudson but this Daya is talking shit as per

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:To be honest I think Kienan is much better than him and I bet he is very annoyed at seemingly being the fall guy since MM arrival.

would'nt say the fall guy, just Gerrard been impressing in training and Hudson club captain. Kienan is a very good player, but gives away too many stupid fouls

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:
Midfield general wrote:To be honest I think Kienan is much better than him and I bet he is very annoyed at seemingly being the fall guy since MM arrival.

would'nt say the fall guy, just Gerrard been impressing in training and Hudson club captain. Kienan is a very good player, but gives away too many stupid fouls

Lets be honest hes been the FALL GUY :evil:

Genuinely just think Malky likes the look of Gerrard, sure he will change combinations as season goes on though

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 am

Who ever says Gerrard is shite knows f*** all

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:12 am

Player of the season at Hull last year. That really DOES say it all.

Seeing as they watched him every week

Malky giving him a run too, must be for some reason eh?

Lets not forget, in his last run of games for Cardiff City we conceded
something like one goal in nine games? We were on the verge of promotion,
we were looking solid... and Jones dropped him

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:37 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Lets not forget, in his last run of games for Cardiff City we conceded
something like one goal in nine games? We were on the verge of promotion,
we were looking solid... and Jones dropped him

Fully agree there but also Hudson was injured during the whole of that time too.

No argument mate. But before Hudsons injury we were leaking goals like a sieve.

All im saying is, anyone who says Gerrard is shite has a very short memory
of the run up to that Leicester play-off Semi

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 am

Midfield general wrote:I'm just concerned that we are pushing away the best defender we have in Keinan

He's the best 'footballer' we have at CB.. but does seem prone to mistakes

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:35 am

Gerrard, on his day, is a quality defender... no nonsense and someone who does his job
the negative point with him (as there is a lot of defenders) is his consistency.....

2 seasons ago, there were games where i thought he was brilliant then games i thought he was pants

overall, i rate him as a defender and for his passion

i still think Malky is looking for another Centre Half, and there's no way he will drop Huds