Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Motorbikes ?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 am

Anyone got one?

Basically i've never had one, Just a car and i want to get one to go back and forth to work via the motorway

any ideas? Only thing im thinking is just getting a "pull back and go" and just driving the thing :lol:

also auto would be best :ayatollah:

Re: Motorbikes ?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am

too dangerous these days with the idiots on the road mate,stick to the car much safer. :old:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 am

when i was 17 had a little CBR125, great for fuel, insurance and looks better than a scooter ;)
not the fastest or bulkiest of bikes though

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:48 am

eighty_8 wrote:when i was 17 had a little CBR125, great for fuel, insurance and looks better than a scooter ;)

To be honest if you want to comute on a motorway you really should look at a 500cc have you got a full license?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 am

yeah got a full driving license :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 am

rb1976 wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:when i was 17 had a little CBR125, great for fuel, insurance and looks better than a scooter ;)

To be honest if you want to comute on a motorway you really should look at a 500cc have you got a full license?

theyre fine for motorway use, got 100 out of it :D but obv you need a full licence
i only had my CBT at the time, 6 years later and Im thinking of doing my full one

have ridden around rhoose on a zx600, (2006).. f**k me, best riding experience i had

u ride?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 am

I've had a few motocross bikes,the neighbours loved them :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 am

Ok

SO CAN I JUST GO OUT AND BUY A 500CC AND RIDE IT ON THE MOTORWAY? with a full drivers licence and l plates?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 am

Ben wrote:Ok

SO CAN I JUST GO OUT AND BUY A 500CC AND RIDE IT ON THE MOTORWAY? with a full drivers licence and l plates?

U can ride any bike mate just take the registration plate off the OB never catch u :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 am

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

U can ride any bike mate just take the registration plate off the OB never catch u :lol:

can tell you were a motorcross rider :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am

eighty_8 wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

can tell you were a motorcross rider :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am

no, you need to do your CBT (compulsory basic test) first

more info: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Le ... DG_4022568

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:57 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
rb1976 wrote:

theyre fine for motorway use, got 100 out of it :D but obv you need a full licence
i only had my CBT at the time, 6 years later and Im thinking of doing my full one

have ridden around rhoose on a zx600, (2006).. f**k me, best riding experience i had

u ride?

Used to ride but not anymore. Used to commute on a GS500 which was fine, last bike bike I rode was a Blackbird. Frightening machine slow on the bends but in a straight line incredible. Not ridden anything new in a long time. I did direct access about 10 years ago, so free to ride anything.

Recommend if you do get a 125 get a new pipe on it as that will be where its restricted.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Used to ride but not anymore. Used to commute on a GS500 which was fine, last bike bike I rode was a Blackbird. Frightening machine slow on the bends but in a straight line incredible. Not ridden anything new in a long time. I did direct access about 10 years ago, so free to ride anything.

Recommend if you do get a 125 get a new pipe on it as that will be where its restricted.

i wouldve with mine but being four stroke, it wouldve been a nightmare and not really worth it

ive done my theory and have done another CBT in the last year so might do the direct access course just to get it over and done with before they change all the tests etc

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

i wouldve with mine but being four stroke, it wouldve been a nightmare and not really worth it

ive done my theory and have done another CBT in the last year so might do the direct access course just to get it over and done with before they change all the tests etc

Personally I think direct access is nuts. 3 days training test then any bike you want !!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

I have a FULL motorcycle licence and can tell you that you CAN NOT ride on a motorway with a CBT only! Get yourself a weeks crash course ben - lessons + CBT + theory + test (think mine cost me about £650 5 yrs ago then I went out and spent £6000 on a Gsxr 600 :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Merlin wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

I have a FULL motorcycle licence and can tell you that you CAN NOT ride on a motorway with a CBT only! Get yourself a weeks crash course ben - lessons + CBT + theory + test (think mine cost me about £650 5 yrs ago then I went out and spent £6000 on a Gsxr 600 :ayatollah:

i wasnt suggesting that mate, but good to point it out to him
imagine the carnage :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:13 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

Its actually Compulsory Basic Training - you cannot fail as is it just training.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:14 pm

sems like to much hassel, ill just buy one and ride it , f**k it :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I use my bike for work and my travel costs are about a third of what I used to pay with the car........and I don't have to sit in traffic jams :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:05 pm

rb1976 wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

Its actually Compulsory Basic Training - you cannot fail as is it just training.

:lol: my bad ;)