Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Club v Country situation

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:18 am

I want to know who sat around the table and said
" I've got a brilliant idea! lets play the carling cup and international friendlies on the same date,that will solve all our problems".

What do you think? am I missing something here?

Re: The Club v Country situation

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:49 am

Oxford away was originally Tuesday nite but WHU game was switched to the Sunday so game was put back 24 hours !

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:41 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Oxford away was originally Tuesday nite but WHU game was switched to the Sunday so game was put back 24 hours !

Sorry vintage I meant in the same week,players wouldn't have played for their club in the cup on Tuesday then play an international on Wednesday.....would they?

do you think this was a good decision?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:10 pm

the wales game was announced weeks before the football league and cup fixtures were released....
but tbh the FAW should have realized that the carling cup is always played in the second week of august but Wales aren't the only international playing that night we've lost Miller to Scotland for the Oxford game and maybe Gunnarrsson in the Iceland squad :?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 am

Didn't they have a situation 2 years ago Cardiff along with 2/3 other clubs voted against playing the carling cup on the same week as internationals?

Then all of a sudden loads of clubs moaned about the loss of players etc....