Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'Movember' Fred Keenor Statue Appeal

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:31 pm

As most are aware, November is a month where Men grow a moustache (just a moustache) to raise sponsorship and awareness of Mens health, its called Movember
A great cause it is :ayatollah:

I was thinking of us forum guys (and gals) do the 'movember' sponsorship and raise funds for the statue that a lot of us believe is deserved for the late great Fred Keenor

All it takes is a basic sponsorship form for your family, friends, workmates and fellow city fans who can't/won't grow one
A facebook group or a stickied thread on here to update with weekly pics and how much funds they have made

Maybe someone organised enough (like a MOD) can run it or sticky this to get feedback :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 'Movember' Fred Keenor Statue Appeal

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Not sure it's really right to hijack this. The whole point of Movember is to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Charity, so this isn't really on.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Not sure it's really right to hijack this. The whole point of Movember is to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Charity, so this isn't really on.

maybe change it to a beard then ;) im just bored trying to think of cool ways to raise it as we know the club or council wont pay it all :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Would be wrong to hi-jack a great cause which Movember is for.

I don't see why the Forum doesn't start a "Nutters Club". Each week, Someone say's "You must bring... _______ ...to the Next Home Game". It could be anything from Wearing a thong, to bringing a Swansea City scarf. If someone fails to bring it, £2 goes into the kitty. Certain to raise money as some people forget and others are too busy some times or haven't turned up the week before so won't know what to bring.

Also with a Nutters Club, everyone is given a poker chip. This poker chip must be kept on your person every minute of every day, if you see someone who knows you and are part of the nutters club, then they can ask you "Show me your Chip"... If you fail to show your chip then £1 goes into the pot.

What you think?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 pm

For me it's simple have a bucket collection at every home game. With 20,000+ crowds it should be piss easy to raise £1,000 per game which times 23 fixtures gives you £23,000 at least.

As £50,000 has been raised so far by the end of this season the total should be near to £80,000 the figure I believe which would trigger the work on the statue to begin.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:05 pm

these are good ideas, im shocked we havnt raised it yet