Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RICHARD WRIGHT TRAINING WITH CARDIFF

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:09 pm

EX - IPSWICH - ARSENAL - EVERTON and ENGLAND Keeper RICHARD WRIGHT 33, is training with CARDIFF CITY,after being released by SHEFF UTD back in April :ayatollah:

Re: RICHARD WRIGHT TRAINING WITH CARDIFF

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 pm

He used to be a class keeper,maybe Malky can unearth a gem in him!

Good update mate!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:EX - IPSWICH - ARSENAL - EVERTON and ENGLAND Keeper RICHARD WRIGHT 33, is training with CARDIFF CITY,after being released by SHEFF UTD back in April :ayatollah:

do you reckon we may be looking to sign him? or is he just training
i know a lot of players train with other clubs to keep fit etc

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:14 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:EX - IPSWICH - ARSENAL - EVERTON and ENGLAND Keeper RICHARD WRIGHT 33, is training with CARDIFF CITY,after being released by SHEFF UTD back in April :ayatollah:

3rd choice keeper if he signs

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

do you reckon we may be looking to sign him? or is he just training
i know a lot of players train with other clubs to keep fit etc

Not sure eighty :ayatollah: Both Carl and Annis are away,and ive just been told in the last hour that he is training with us.
Some papers might be able to back the above up,in the next day or two,or might give one or two people on hols a phone call ;)

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Didn't he turn us down before to become second choice at a prem club? (was it west ham)
I dont see the point in signing him.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 am

2blue2handle wrote:Didn't he turn us down before to become second choice at a prem club? (was it west ham)

I Think we did 2blue :ayatollah: Quiet a few years ago :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 am

Anyone is better than Heaton :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:23 am

I don't see the problem with this? He's a very good commanding keeper with experience and is at a prime age too for a keeper.

You don't forget how to catch a ball and don't need lightning pace either. As long as hes still committed and fit, would be a good addition!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:28 am

33 is young for a goalie :old:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 am

Also let's not forget what happened last season when we had the misfortune of both of our regular keepers injured at the same time.
Oh for someone of Richard Wright's ability and experience then - still that's just Bywater under the bridge now I suppose!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 am

Also let's not forget what happened last season when we had the misfortune of both of our regular keepers injured at the same time.
Oh for someone of Richard Wright's ability and experience then - still that's just Bywater under the bridge now I suppose!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 am

id be happy with him around and competing with our goalies.

one time he the most highly rated goalie. then again so was bywater

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 am

No, no, please, no. He's no better than what we have at the moment. And don't believe all this stuff about him not forgetting how to catch a ball. That's just nonsense. If he's lost form and confidence, then forget about him. After all, Franny Jeffers used to be a good, highly rated striker but there's no way on earth I would weant him anywhere near my team. If he was good once, which he was, there's a reason why no top clubs are going for him now

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:09 am

We tried to sign him a few seasons ago and he told us where to go. f**k him, the tw*t.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Anyone is better than Heaton :lol:

Correct :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Used to be quality but do we really need 3 senior keepers?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=18891 :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=18891 :ayatollah:

Cheers SAM :ayatollah: For that updated link mate.

Looks like our new goalkeeping coach may have played a part on getting RW down here to train with CARDIFF.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Didn't he turn us down before to become second choice at a prem club? (was it west ham)

I Think we did 2blue :ayatollah: Quiet a few years ago :ayatollah:

Glad someone else remembered... I felt old for a moment :lol:

I've never seen the point in running with 3 keepers myself??