Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gethin Jenkins says "leaking on forums should be stopped."

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:51 pm

When asked at the Q&A in Rhydfelin if it should be stopped. (watched on CCP)

"A lot of it has been stopped and most clamped down". :lol: REALLY? :lol:

"Some of it is so wide of the mark, and to be blunt...some is just made up" :lol: fair enough, he obviously is a member here :lol:

"we have worked to clamp it down, there hasn't been many spills in recent weeks. Information on signings isn't being released until a day or two around it. " 8-) sounds like Jenkins and his mafia have a hit out on Carl. 8-)

"leaked signings is damaging to the club not only because it gets leaked to other interested clubs but damaging because it can cost us more money to sign that player." Cant argue with that, we all still want to know NOW! Thats the way it is, give us an inch and all...

Malky also added additional comments about responsible posting. :lol: I come on here to lose loosen up and be irresponsible when im in the mood, cheers though gaffa! just get us into the big league yeh? :ayatollah: (I do appreciate the context in which it was said though, for the humourless souls amongst us)

I must say seriously though that Cardiff City Player is going to be cracking this season. Still improvements to be made but ever improving. GET IT!

Re: Gethin Jenkins says "leaking on forums should be stopped."

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:53 pm

The problem is with those leaking info, Carl and co are only sharing what they are told. They should look closer to home before blaming others.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The problem is with those leaking info, Carl and co are only sharing what they are told. They should look closer to home before blaming others.

;) :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The problem is with those leaking info, Carl and co are only sharing what they are told. They should look closer to home before blaming others.

I have many an opinion in what was said about it buddy, I thought id just make light of it and let everyone else do the talking. I cant help but dislike GJ....cant quite put my finger on it, just one of those... :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 am

Nail on the head BTW. People like Carl have sources, it doesn't just fall from the sky! He is a fan first and foremost and doing what 99.9% of us would do...share news amongst the masses. I get the feeling a few memos were sent out around the club about the repercussions of being found leaking info. Nothing will stop information flying around...EVER!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 am

I have no real opinion of GJ really, he comes across ok in interviews.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:09 am

It was more to do with the Mcphail thing..which is understandable.... info about someone having cancer again unless it's 100% true then things like that should be left alone.

Gossip is what football boards are for but theres a line.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:18 am

Hense the reason of T Burton being sacked and carl not releasing any more info thay is readily availlable!?... Burton was the leak...from now on we are all equal
:shock:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:41 am

They write what they want mate.

The clever among us can see through the piles of shit written what is true and what is made up.

Carl only runs back on here with "what he is told" to boost his own ego. A lot of it is pure guess work.

This board is an absolute farce tbh

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:48 am

ytic wrote:

The clever among us can see through the piles of shit written what is true and what is made up.

Carl only runs back on here with "what he is told" to boost his own ego. A lot of it is pure guess work.

well don't come on here then.
don't read carl's updates.
tbh just feck off. :twisted:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:19 am

ytic wrote:

The bottom line is that this forum is a success and the NO.1 Cardiff forum, regardless what you and destructive 23 posts say. Everyone wants to beat the best to be the best. ;)

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 am

baseboy007 wrote:
ytic wrote:

The bottom line is that this forum is a success and the NO.1 Cardiff forum, regardless what you and destructive 23 posts say. Everyone wants to beat the best to be the best. ;)

I us both CCMB and this one.

This forum has done very well and grown quickly, but CCMB rgularly beats it in trms of number of members and guests looking at it so not sure on what basis it is No 1?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:39 am

sorry lads but i honestly don't know what threads like this are aiming to acheive! do we support cardiff city or aamb or ccmb! i dont get why people seem to be happy that we've got one over on our new manager and chairman. i dont care if all forums gossip etc, if the people who are trying their best to make us successful think that the updates are detrimental then i dont see why we shouldn't stop them. i know the leak within the club needs to take a lot of responsibility but still, we all support cardiff city so i dont understand how we can be happy if the club is being damaged by the updates in any way.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:21 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:sorry lads but i honestly don't know what threads like this are aiming to acheive! do we support cardiff city or aamb or ccmb! i dont get why people seem to be happy that we've got one over on our new manager and chairman. i dont care if all forums gossip etc, if the people who are trying their best to make us successful think that the updates are detrimental then i dont see why we shouldn't stop them. i know the leak within the club needs to take a lot of responsibility but still, we all support cardiff city so i dont understand how we can be happy if the club is being damaged by the updates in any way.

Agreed.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:25 pm

CLOSE AMMB DOWN!! NO MORE LEAKS, NO MORE UPDATES

NO DOUT THIS WILL BE REMOVED

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:26 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:sorry lads but i honestly don't know what threads like this are aiming to acheive! do we support cardiff city or aamb or ccmb! i dont get why people seem to be happy that we've got one over on our new manager and chairman. i dont care if all forums gossip etc, if the people who are trying their best to make us successful think that the updates are detrimental then i dont see why we shouldn't stop them. i know the leak within the club needs to take a lot of responsibility but still, we all support cardiff city so i dont understand how we can be happy if the club is being damaged by the updates in any way.

Well Said! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:36 pm

I do think these updates should stop, most of them are wrong than right. Got nothing against the man tho :ayatollah:

and apperantly Gethin tells his mates enough "gossip" himself so him saying that could be to deflect blame on him

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Couldn't agree with you more. I have never been keen on these updates/leaks but I have always said I dont blame Carl. The club should be getting rid of the people within the club who leak the information to Carl. I won't be holding my breath though because it is quite clearly people at the top leaking the information (not your ordinary club employees such as ticket office staff etc).

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

baseboy007 wrote:When asked at the Q&A in Rhydfelin if it should be stopped. (watched on CCP)

"A lot of it has been stopped and most clamped down". :lol: REALLY? :lol:

"Some of it is so wide of the mark, and to be blunt...some is just made up" :lol: fair enough, he obviously is a member here :lol:

"we have worked to clamp it down, there hasn't been many spills in recent weeks. Information on signings isn't being released until a day or two around it. " 8-) sounds like Jenkins and his mafia have a hit out on Carl. 8-)

"leaked signings is damaging to the club not only because it gets leaked to other interested clubs but damaging because it can cost us more money to sign that player." Cant argue with that, we all still want to know NOW! Thats the way it is, give us an inch and all...

Malky also added additional comments about responsible posting. :lol: I come on here to lose loosen up and be irresponsible when im in the mood, cheers though gaffa! just get us into the big league yeh? :ayatollah: (I do appreciate the context in which it was said though, for the humourless souls amongst us)

I must say seriously though that Cardiff City Player is going to be cracking this season. Still improvements to be made but ever improving. GET IT!

I'm gettin images now of GJ and TG in baraclavas pullin up next to carl in a transit van and bundlin him into the back, this is torture,malaysian style :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:14 pm

This has all come about due to the McPhail rumour started on here, which i think everyone agrees crossed the line!

As for transfers, SSN has been reporting stuff before this forum this pre-season, so it seems the leak has been plugged somewhat, it was never Carls fault, blame should be laid firmly at the door of the gobby loose lipped person leaking it in the first place. Seems SB has been told to shut his trap at last!!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 pm

The updates shouldnt stop, no way.

We all like to know whats going on within the club, they tell us lots of things, if it wasnt for the updates we wouldnt know whats going on inside our club. We deserve to know whats going on, thanks to the updates we do.

Most of them are right, not all but we all get things told to us which may be wrong.

KEEP THE UPDATES!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:36 pm

we wouldn't know whats going on with our club? BUT WHAT GIVVES US THE DIVINE RIGHT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON? who's drinking what, want day someone took a shit, it doesn't happen with other footie message boards or other fans etc

Its just your all nosey and want to know everything, just stick to supporting the team

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:We deserve to know whats going on, thanks to the updates we do.

This is where I think you are wrong. It's good to get some information, but we don't deserve to be told anything.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Ben wrote:we wouldn't know whats going on with our club? BUT WHAT GIVVES US THE DIVINE RIGHT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON? who's drinking what, want day someone took a shit, it doesn't happen with other footie message boards or other fans etc

Its just your all nosey and want to know everything, just stick to supporting the team

Because we the fans give up our money to watch the team, we keep this club alive.

You'll find that there is more than one message board which has people giving information to other members, its obvious.

So you wouldnt like to know whats going on with the club? e.g. if the debt's been reduced, shares and soo on?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Because we the fans give up our money to watch the team

Yes watch the team and go down match days, not in the inns and outs of the football club , either join a trust and hold meetings with the club itself or go down and ask about shares, what debt is owed etc

Its just sitting behind a computer getting info right or wrong is easy! but its damaging this club , fans etc

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Ben wrote:
Because we the fans give up our money to watch the team

Yes watch the team and go down match days, not in the inns and outs of the football club , either join a trust and hold meetings with the club itself or go down and ask about shares, what debt is owed etc

Its just sitting behind a computer getting info right or wrong is easy! but its damaging this club , fans etc

Yes but with all the money we give to watch the club we should know whats going on, its nice to know.

if i ask the club about the debt they would laugh in my face! :lol:

Yes, its easy, its an easy way to know whats going on.

Cant see how its damaging the club to be honest? the only way i can see it is when topics pop up slagging players off.

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm

of course its damaging the club and fans, we got inter board warfare, info about players illness which has affected the team and manager to talk about it, rumours about stufff leaked that gethin says is no good to the club

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Ben wrote:of course its damaging the club and fans, we got inter board warfare, info about players illness which has affected the team and manager to talk about it, rumours about stufff leaked that gethin says is no good to the club

Apart from that theres no problem with them.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Leaking aside I just find it sad that rely solely on one mans updates just Soweto can get SOME insight on things that go on, just even the little things...they are the most enjoyable to read when Carl puts it out. Barry mcmuffin and the media team are 3rd world in terms of media relations. Just browse a few other clubs sites and see the difference, some update things about us quicker than we do.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Ben wrote:CLOSE AMMB DOWN!! NO MORE LEAKS, NO MORE UPDATES

NO DOUT THIS WILL BE REMOVED

The beauty is, you or the club have no control over this forum. Like a bad programme....if you don't like it, simply change channel.