Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another Bellamy Latest

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:49 am

by Blue Prophet
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Published on 05/08/2011 08:35 AM 9 Comments Football, Cardiff

I have been mole pumping my insiders at Cardiff City to get an update on the Craig Bellamy situation.

Apparently, discussions took place yesterday between Bellamy's representatives and Cardiff City, but nothing was decided, although the club have made a "substantial" offer to him.

The door is certainly not closed on a potential return to the club, although with Sunderland and now Blackburn reported to be interested, the agent is reported to be looking at "other options". The rumour is this is just "agent speak" as we all know where Craig would rather be.

But the worrying part of the situation is that "whilst Craig's preference is to finish the job that he started at Cardiff, at this stage in his career he would obviously have to consider a permanent move to a Premier League club".

This obviously has a frightening ring of truth.

The rumours about him moving to West Ham or Leicester, are just that: rumours. Craig has ruled out a move to any other Championship club apart from Cardiff. If a permanent move to a Premier League club doesn't materialise, and Cardiff and Man City can't reach an agreement, Craig is prepared to sit out his contract at Manchester City.

Another possible, if some what unexpected, development is that he could be tempted into a move to Dutch football, as he is a great admirer of the Dutch Eredivisie. But with Dutch clubs being skint, this is highly unlikely to happen.

A mutual mate has been trying to get hold of Craig, but suprise, suprise... he's not answering his phone.

I don't know what the "substantial offer" is, but the rumour is £35-40,000 a week, but could be higher if we can get Craig on a free.

Don't shoot the messenger lads, you've got it as I did.

Re: Another Bellamy Latest

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks for that. It certainly gives a better insight into the situation compared to Malky's stock answer of "it would be wrong to discuss Craig as he is a Man City player".

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:56 am

Is mole pumping a new sex game? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:13 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Is mole pumping a new sex game? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Um not sure but wil try it and let you know - dont tell RSPCA :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 am

NIBluebird wrote:by Blue Prophet
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Published on 05/08/2011 08:35 AM 9 Comments Football, Cardiff

I have been mole pumping my insiders at Cardiff City to get an update on the Craig Bellamy situation.

Apparently, discussions took place yesterday between Bellamy's representatives and Cardiff City, but nothing was decided, although the club have made a "substantial" offer to him.

The door is certainly not closed on a potential return to the club, although with Sunderland and now Blackburn reported to be interested, the agent is reported to be looking at "other options". The rumour is this is just "agent speak" as we all know where Craig would rather be.

But the worrying part of the situation is that "whilst Craig's preference is to finish the job that he started at Cardiff, at this stage in his career he would obviously have to consider a permanent move to a Premier League club".

This obviously has a frightening ring of truth.

The rumours about him moving to West Ham or Leicester, are just that: rumours. Craig has ruled out a move to any other Championship club apart from Cardiff. If a permanent move to a Premier League club doesn't materialise, and Cardiff and Man City can't reach an agreement, Craig is prepared to sit out his contract at Manchester City.

Another possible, if some what unexpected, development is that he could be tempted into a move to Dutch football, as he is a great admirer of the Dutch Eredivisie. But with Dutch clubs being skint, this is highly unlikely to happen.

A mutual mate has been trying to get hold of Craig, but suprise, suprise... he's not answering his phone.

I don't know what the "substantial offer" is, but the rumour is £35-40,000 a week, but could be higher if we can get Craig on a free.

Don't shoot the messenger lads, you've got it as I did.

Thanks for that, TBH Im getting abit bored of the Bellamy saga now. He aint the be all and end all, I think we gained more commercially with Craig coming to us last season. If it happens brilliant but its dragging on so long now I think its time to move on, Malky cant hang about and build a team around Craig.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 am

Mole pumping... I love it! :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

:lol: cheers for clearing it up. i think most of us understand the situation but when trying to agree money, so many figures could be thrown around it's hard to guess what they're actually offering :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 am

i would rather sign 4-5 under 24 year olds than him we got the smallest squad for many many years rite now and all people are harping on about is one man who could take 4-5 players money across squad depth numbers wise besideds he plays 1game rests one game is he really worth it for the future of arew club:ayatollah: