Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

D J haters

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 am

To all you D. J.Haters that are going to West HAM,I hope you will show D.J. Some respect and not boo him or sing anty D.J. Songs. As he has been one of the most successful managers we have ever had,F.A.cup final,Play off final,and kept us in the championship for5 years,I Think we should applaud this man,for what he has done for our club.

So lets go to West spam

And support the boys and make some noise

Come on city :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: D J haters

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 am

And after 6 years won nothing!! :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:40 am

when was the last time we one any thing 1927 so your point is :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:42 am

Ben wrote:And after 6 years won nothing!! :lol:

Dont be so ungrateful - if you supported City years ago you would have appreciated every minute -

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 am

dill wrote:when was the last time we one any thing 1927 so your point is :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I recall us getting promoted a couple of times in the last ten years.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

NIBluebird wrote:

Dont be so ungrateful - if you supported City years ago you would have appreciated every minute -

Uh, whenever has another manager of ours had such resources at his disposal like DJ has? As far as I am concerned he has turned out to be the biggest failure we have had.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 am

dont get me wrong, he's one of the better managers we've had, BUT with the resources he's had she should have taken us up, maybe if his poor fan relations and stuck up attitude was abit better we would have gone places

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 am

i agree he did have more than enough to take us up but did assemble the squad from nothing at the begging and getting the best out of has beens like jay and chops and koumas so evan though he should have took us up i would never boo or sing against the man in my opinion he just took us as far as he could so we move on and respect him for what he done and there were more highs than lows :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:21 am

dill wrote:To all you D. J.Haters that are going to West HAM,I hope you will show D.J. Some respect and not boo him or sing anty D.J. Songs. As he has been one of the most successful managers we have ever had,F.A.cup final,Play off final,and kept us in the championship for5 years,I Think we should applaud this man,for what he has done for our club.

So lets go to West spam

And I was about to commnd you on a well written post.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 am

People remember winners not losers we won nothing under DJ with 3times the budget for 6years than most clubs in are league and people want to praise him i dont get it :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 am

Ben wrote:dont get me wrong, he's one of the better managers we've had, BUT with the resources he's had she should have taken us up, maybe if his poor fan relations and stuck up attitude was abit better we would have gone places

Dont think so Ben.

He is a manager that can take a club that is struggling and make them survive, Southampton being his standout club in the top flight as an example. When it comes to the next step he fails. If the odds are heavily in his favour he is 50/50, Wolves being the achievement and us being the failing.

He has had interest from clubs that have needed to consolidate after a troubled season, Hull and West Ham being prime examples. I dont recall any club that has become stagnant and want to go forward that have approached DJ. There were rumours up here that Forest were interested in him before Billy Davies got the sack but that is all I have heard.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:31 am

because us fans seem to forget where we were 10-15 years ago so getting this far and getting to a couple of finals is great i would never thought id see cardiff in a fa cup final

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

nicky evans wrote:because us fans seem to forget where we were 10-15 years ago so getting this far and getting to a couple of finals is great i would never thought id see cardiff in a fa cup final

DJ never done anything 10-15 years ago he wasnt here :lol:

bottom line is with what DJ had compared to other clubs budget wise who got out of this league for 6years he failed,WHY are wanking him off for something other managers did on 1/3 of what we was run on for 6years :ayatollah:

He did not win ANYTHING fact

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 am

with regards to the f.a cup, one of the shitest years to win it, even barnsley got to the semi's, should have finished portsmouth off, but dj said ramsey wasnt ready for the big stage, then gets signed by arsenal and plays champions league football a few months later :lol: with dj, if your not licking his arse your his enemy

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

i'm not a DJ hater or a DJ lover but there should be no songs about him on sunday. lets concentrate on the team. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Uh, whenever has another manager of ours had such resources at his disposal like DJ has? As far as I am concerned he has turned out to be the biggest failure we have had.

he didnt have much resources we constantly had to sell players to fund the next season. get a f*cking grip. people like you dont know your arse from your elbow

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am

meanwhile wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

he didnt have much resources we constantly had to sell players to fund the next season. get a f*cking grip. people like you dont know your arse from your elbow

Then do explain last season to me. Who did he have to sell?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:20 am

Dave Jones is a arrogant tw*t, that has always slagged us fans off.. Just remember that..

Yes we got to the Fa Cup final, but what great teams did we play to get there? None.

He got us to the play off final yes, we deserved it.. We had a good squad, and we LOST!

He got us to the Semi Final of the play offs, which is a failure, that squad was the best squad in that league by far.

kept us in the championship for 5 years? yes, but did he get us into that league no, did he get us out of the league no.

DJ is a failure, i wont clap him or boo him.

I dont like the guy because he's a arrogant prick, end of.

CCFC!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:42 am

Ccfc Shane wrote:
Yes we got to the Fa Cup final, but what great teams did we play to get there? None.

Chasetown, awesome team.

In all seriousness they put up a better fight than any of the other teams we faced.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:43 am

meanwhile wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Just because someone disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean they don't know their arse from their elbow. Just saying.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am

dill wrote:To all you D. J.Haters that are going to West HAM,I hope you will show D.J. Some respect and not boo him or sing anty D.J. Songs. As he has been one of the most successful managers we have ever had,F.A.cup final,Play off final,and kept us in the championship for5 years,I Think we should applaud this man,for what he has done for our club.

So lets go to West spam

Our squad was premiership material in the last two seasons and DJ couldn't get us through the play offs! And the cup run to the final was the easiest in footballing history so how can you call him a successful manager??

But i wont be throwing any abuse at him.........well maybe a little :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

im not clap or boo him tbh whats happened, has happened now just look into this new era under Mackay and concentrate on supporting the team so that we can beat West Ham :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

So lets go to West spam

Jones will go down as one of the best managers the club has had considering the financial restrictions he had to work with during his time at the club except for last season. He should be given a decent reception when he returns to the CCCS as a opposition manager.

He may have come accross as arrogant at times and his rant on the BBC site yesterday will not endear him to some. The facts are that we have been a top 6 side for the past 2 seasons and that is somthing that we have not been since 1970 -71. So give him some credit

I have watched the club since 1977 so I have seen some mind blowing lows during that time, this is not a dig but those not old enough or who wern't watching the club don't realise how far we have come. They didn't witness the 5-0 home defeat to Maidstone or the 7-2 against Cambridge. We have come along way since thosee days.

Sunday is about a new era and hopefully Malky can build on what Dave Jones has done

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:33 am

Is it just possible that the reason there is so much divided opinion about DJ is because there are 2 DJs. I think during the early years, with financial restrictions and good players leaving he did an excellent job.

However, at the end it was time to go - was obvious he was fed up - and he had lost the respect of fans and maybe players.

So early DJ thumbs up - latter DJ thumbs down.

Unfortunately it is always the latter that tends to be ones legacy.

Personally maybe he is a bit arrogant, but there again aren't most of us that are passionate about sport. And how many of us would fail to be bitter with all the constant sniping against him. However, he didn't help himsef with his negative comments and "always some excuse" attitude.

I neither hate or love the guy - he had his faults, but also he has his place in Cardiff's progression to a club that is now talked about in serious circles.

Lets move on and focus on MM and not compare.

"The past is a different place - they do things differently there"

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:49 am

meanwhile wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

And why did we have to sell?

Was it because the wage bill was far, far higher than income.

Claiming Jones didnt have much resources is an incredibly dumb comment because it indicates you seem to think transfer fees are the only costs associated with players... signing fees ring a bell? Wages ring a bell?

One of the smaller squad in the div yet one of the higher wage bills.

Yup. No resources there :roll: