Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOOD LUCK BLOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

Good luck to all of you for the coming season, for the team on the pitch, although I suspect that you may not have as good as season as last, as the squad does look a bit thin. But saying that, this time last season, I thought that we would be nothing more than a side challenging for the play-offs at best, given who we had signed, the likes of Derry, Hill, Orr etc. But I did not factor in the 'Warnock effect'. Hopefully that effect continues for us this year as we look forward to a season of struggle. But hopefully, despite the thinness of your squad the 'Malky effect' could replicate us. Let's hope so, as I would love to go back to the CCS for a Cardiff v QPR in the Premiership, it was rocking last April, and would probably explode if that happened.

Good luck and safe journeys around the country also for all you chaps and chapesses who go to the away games. I really will be looking out for your results this season starting with a fine win at the Boleyn. The pressure is off now and hopefully that will work in your favour.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: GOOD LUCK BLOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks mate. Not overly confident about the season ahead but this is CCFC and expect the unexpected. Promoted by xmas or relegated by October........ :ayatollah:

I'll settle for upper mid table and a decent cup run.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 am

Slow start , then we will fire on towards the end of the season we try something new this season :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:16 am

Cheers mate, good luck to you lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:51 am

cheers, :ayatollah: think we'll do alright. ;) hope u take six points of our six fingered cousins from down the road. ;)

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:10 am

Maerdy boy wrote:cheers, :ayatollah: think we'll do alright. ;) hope u take six points of our six fingered cousins from down the road. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:14 am

good luck to you in the Prem, Warnock deserves his chance, hope the board don't sack him to early and just give him oppertunity that he deserves.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 am

great post, cheers DW :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 am

cheers DW, good luck to you in the prem and i hope you slaughter the jacks :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Starting to look forward to things, but situation at the club is far from perfect at the moment. The dwarf is still looking to sell and it seems now he is selling part of his holdings to some bloke called Tony Fernandes, owner of Air Asia and the Lotus F1 team. On the bright side this means that Ecclestone would no longer have the majority holding of the club. Good signings on a budget, but with Bothroyd, Dyer and Gabbidon we better bloody well have the best medical team that money can buy! Campbell also a good signing, the last time that both he and Bothroyd played in the same side was the QPR under-9 team in 1991! But other than that pretty much the same side as last season. Can see our starting line up next Saturday being:

Kenny
Dyer Hall Gabbidon Hill/Connolly
Smith Derry Faurlin Taraabt
Campbell Bothroyd

Could be worse, but also could have been a whole lot better. Midfield and forwards I am not so concerned about, Kenny is a great keeper, but it is the defence that worries me, although it could be another Warnock masterstroke to play Dyer at right back.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks and good luck to QPR too i think you are going to need it; and i hope Bothroyd scores an hat trick against our little cousins from down West at Loftus Road and the Puberty Stadium :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 pm

DWQPR wrote:Starting to look forward to things, but situation at the club is far from perfect at the moment. The dwarf is still looking to sell and it seems now he is selling part of his holdings to some bloke called Tony Fernandes, owner of Air Asia and the Lotus F1 team. On the bright side this means that Ecclestone would no longer have the majority holding of the club. Good signings on a budget, but with Bothroyd, Dyer and Gabbidon we better bloody well have the best medical team that money can buy! Campbell also a good signing, the last time that both he and Bothroyd played in the same side was the QPR under-9 team in 1991! But other than that pretty much the same side as last season. Can see our starting line up next Saturday being:

Kenny
Dyer Hall Gabbidon Hill/Connolly
Smith Derry Faurlin Taraabt
Campbell Bothroyd

Could be worse, but also could have been a whole lot better. Midfield and forwards I am not so concerned about, Kenny is a great keeper, but it is the defence that worries me, although it could be another Warnock masterstroke to play Dyer at right back.

I think with that team, you should survive (As long as Warnock is still there). Get rid of him, your gone! Best of luck DW & QPR! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Good Luck! You'll stay up don't worry! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Hope jay bangs em in for u mate