Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Posted on a Hull forum to find out their views on Gerrard...

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 am

Asked if he deserved his player of the year award last season, or if he got it on effort alone, and what they thought of him as a player in general...

some responses i got included...

"He was rated here, he did have some really good games and as you say 100% passion and commitment, however, I have yet to meet anyone who voted for him as player of the season, most believe it should have been Liam Rosenior. Gerrard had the luxury of playing in a decent back last year, and as such did improve."

"His distribution at times is a bit lacking and route 1, and he is still slow."

"Dont get me wrong he is not a bad defender, but he is not brilliant. "

"Don't give him the ball for long range passing and can be slow. However that said rest of qualities of an excellent defender."

"Gerrard got player of the season on merit not effort. If it was on effort other players would have been ahead of him. Barmby for one."

"Gerrard was good for City and played consistently well. I would have been happy for him to have sigend for us during the summer, but like others suggest, it did sound like he was hoping Cardiff would be promoted as the bonus was too much to ignore. "

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2116726988

sounds like a mixed bag of opinions to me, i have my doubts about him but i love his passion and commitment so i really hope he proves me wrong and has an outstanding season :ayatollah:

Re: Posted on a Hull forum to find out their views on Gerrard...

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 am

i don't rate him, that celtic goal was like watching the same old hudson and gerrard partnership, nothing's changed in my mind.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

Woody CCFC wrote:i don't rate him, that celtic goal was like watching the same old hudson and gerrard partnership, nothing's changed in my mind.

Unfortunately I agree with you, I really worry about our CB's this season :(

Hopefully Malky will do a LOT of work with them before the start of the season (what with him being a defender himself). :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:19 am

Tbh it seems like they are a bit gutted that they wanted him back but he just wanted to go back to us. The comments looked out of spite if anything, just like we did when Ledley left. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 am

Ballistic Blue wrote:Tbh it seems like they are a bit gutted that they wanted him back but he just wanted to go back to us. The comments looked out of spite if anything, just like we did when Ledley left. :ayatollah:

Tbh I think everything they said is about right, also you cant compare a 12 month loan signing leaving to a Cardiff City born and bred player leaving the club because a deal could not be agreed. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 am

droopy wrote:
Ballistic Blue wrote:Tbh it seems like they are a bit gutted that they wanted him back but he just wanted to go back to us. The comments looked out of spite if anything, just like we did when Ledley left. :ayatollah:

Tbh I think everything they said is about right, also you cant compare a 12 month loan signing leaving to a Cardiff City born and bred player leaving the club because a deal could not be agreed. :ayatollah:

I do agree with his distribution in fact all out CB's distribution which seems to be stuck in Dave Jones "Route 1" mode