Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have any of u been to school with a famous footballer

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Honest answers :ayatollah: :D

Re: Have any of u been to school with a famous footballer

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Bellamy went to my primary school before I was born... that's as close as it gets. :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Jermaine Easter and Ryan green were year above me and Joe Ledley was four years below me! Closest I got

Cantonian is apparently famous for footballers! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Leon Jeanne at Llanrumney scored 4 goals past me in goal at St Iltyds, But i saved his penalty...my greatest sporting achievment.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Played in the same team as David Pipe (Welsh international, currently doing bird for bottling a Bristol City fan as a Rovers player)

In the same class as Richard Evans (played a couple of times for Birmingham before moving onto Newport and Bath I think hes with now - not sure though. See him out in Caerphilly still alot)

Thats about it. Went to School & bothered with a fee more 'celebs' and other sportmen though

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:36 pm

my mother was in the same class as Jason Price from the age of 3 up until 16. Former swansea city, Hull city, doncaster rovers and millwall striker. Achieved 130 appearances for swansea and currently plays for Barnet. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 pm

same high school team as kurt nogan..

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:51 pm

John Toshack

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 pm

no. i was the only famous footballer in my school, played for the rompney castle, post house hotel, the list goes on :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Was in school, year above but still knew each other, as Bale and good mates with Sam Warburton. Wrong sport but funny for two lads to come from the same year, one is one of the best football prospects in the world and the other is one of the best young rugby players in the world.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:06 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:my mother was in the same class as Jason Price from the age of 3 up until 16. Former swansea city, Hull city, doncaster rovers and millwall striker. Achieved 130 appearances for swansea and currently plays for Barnet. :ayatollah:

Guess i was in same class as your mam mate

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 pm

No buy Bellamy's brother works with me a scottish and southern energy.

But bellars doesnt speak to him anymore and to be fair about from him being standout gay he really looks just like him & imo he only got the managers job because bellars is his brother.

Dont get me wrong im not saying being gay is a bad thing im just saying he looks like a gay bellamy.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Wrong sport but same school as Garin Jenkins, welsh rugby international, and was in same football team as him for a while before he turned to rugby.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Wrong sport but same school as Garin Jenkins, welsh rugby international, and was in same football team as him for a while before he turned to rugby.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG my post came across really bad

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Lee Jarman! Llanishen high....

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:49 pm

I was on the same year as Yeovil's Gavin Williams.
Afon Taf high school in Merthyr 91-96

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:my mother was in the same class as Jason Price from the age of 3 up until 16. Former swansea city, Hull city, doncaster rovers and millwall striker. Achieved 130 appearances for swansea and currently plays for Barnet. :ayatollah:

I must know your mother then ;) I went to school with JJ as he was known in school & he was a Cardiff fan that didn't really want to play for the jacks ,just a professional thing !

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 pm

my old p.e teacher plays for port talbot, scored against our under21s last night, dylan blain :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Played in the same team as Nathan Blake - Hartridge :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Year above Blake he's famous if you support city :old:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:29 am

Same year as Joe ledley at cantonian, although I never really knew him.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 am

BluBluBluArmy wrote:Was in school, year above but still knew each other, as Bale and good mates with Sam Warburton. Wrong sport but funny for two lads to come from the same year, one is one of the best football prospects in the world and the other is one of the best young rugby players in the world.

i was in their year, whats your name mate? :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:08 am

fao WelshFella...My mum works with him to....

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:01 am

I was in school with Scott Young and also a lad called Gareth Phillips who played around 50 times for the Jacks.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 am

birdy wrote:same high school team as kurt nogan..

Same for me and same class as his brother Lee who also played professional football. Paul wheeler also went to my school and Colin Jackson. I now work with Roger johnson's brother and rudy gestede lives next door to my mum.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 am

birdy wrote:same high school team as kurt nogan..

Same for me and same class as his brother Lee who also played professional football. Paul wheeler also went to my school and Colin Jackson. I now work with Roger johnson's brother and rudy gestede lives next door to my mum.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 am

I played in schools team with Marcus griffiths, I believe that hes playing for Merythr but not quite sure.21 years old quick striker?

Not exactly famous though lol
:ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:25 am

David Williams at Marlborough Road, Llanrumney and Howardian in the 60's - he was a definite class above everyone else. Played for Bristol Rovers, Norwich City and Wales even interim manager of Wales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Will ... tballer%29

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:35 am

Bellamy went to Rumney high school next to my school St.Illtyds and I was on the pitch with him. He skinned everyone but was an absolute tw*t. Kicked off and then hid behind one of his mates. Absolute pissed all over us though.