Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sooner we get Independence the better

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Hate to be associated with that horrible 3rd world country England...........Now Cardiff, there's a real Capital city in a fantastic cosmopolitan country.

ROLL ON INDEPENDENCE !!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sooner we get Independence the better

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 pm

agreed just hope the chavs in Cardiff dont follow suit :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Mate i have grown up my whole life wanting independence i am one of the most patriotic peopel you will ever meet. However as i grow older and wiser it becomes more clear that we could never fund ourselfes and quickly fall into bankruptcy. Ireland cant manage it and they have so much more to offer than us.

The longer we stay a principality the least likely we will ever get independence, we cant try and get it in the next few years due to the economy.

So our only chance is within the next 5-10 years when the economy has re-stablaised and by then the only two resources we still have to offer would have reached there peak in price which is gold and coal. (yes people forget that we still have hundreds of tons of un-taped coal and gold mines that would keep us going for a while.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Yes make Cardiff independent from the rest of Wales.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 pm

henrycecil wrote:Yes make Cardiff independent from the rest of Wales.

Just as well be,

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 pm

carpet20 wrote:Mate i have grown up my whole life wanting independence i am one of the most patriotic peopel you will ever meet. However as i grow older and wiser it becomes more clear that we could never fund ourselfes and quickly fall into bankruptcy. Ireland cant manage it and they have so much more to offer than us.

The longer we stay a principality the least likely we will ever get independence, we cant try and get it in the next few years due to the economy.

So our only chance is within the next 5-10 years when the economy has re-stablaised and by then the only two resources we still have to offer would have reached there peak in price which is gold and coal. (yes people forget that we still have hundreds of tons of un-taped coal and gold mines that would keep us going for a while.

Fully agree. We are too small a country and our economy would never survive.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:00 am

I don't believe the riots in England are of any consequence to Welsh independence. In fact it is indeed a naive view to suggest that the social problems in English cities, just a few hundred miles away, are totally separate to any in Wales.

if you want to cause riots in Wales then calling for an independent state will cause that. You seem to be unaware of the strong pro-British feeling that exists in Wales. These are people who would never want or accept an independent Wales. As much as I like rugby, I always feel a little resentment towards the kind of "Welshness" that comes out around six nations time. This would be excerabated by any independence.

To call England a third world country is wrong. As a country, they can seem arrogant at times especially around sporting teams but they are a good people and we the Welsh are very similar. Some of my best friends are English.

Some points I must raise with you are:

In what consitutional form will any independent Wales take? (Would Wales be a Republic or would the Queen still be head of state? If Wales was a republic would you want an Executive or figurehead president?)
Would there be a border control?
What would happen to all the English people living in Wales?
How would people of mixed nationality be treated?
Fiscially, how would how taxes work? How would you deal with the end of funding from Westminster?
Would the flag be changed due to it only be made officially the Welsh flag since 1952 and given to us by The Queen?

Britain is a great country and celebrates its diversity. We are one island and we will remain so.

By the way, an independent Wales would signal the end of Cardiff City Football Club as we'd be forced out of the Football League.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 am

carpet20 wrote:Mate i have grown up my whole life wanting independence i am one of the most patriotic peopel you will ever meet. However as i grow older and wiser it becomes more clear that we could never fund ourselfes and quickly fall into bankruptcy. Ireland cant manage it and they have so much more to offer than us.

Hmmm...no thanks. That dirty fuel is the last thing we need choking up our countryside again. And we don't have any where near enough gold to fund an entire nation. Gold is very rare and incredibly difficult to extract.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:Hate to be associated with that horrible 3rd world country England...........Now Cardiff, there's a real Capital city in a fantastic cosmopolitan country.

ROLL ON INDEPENDENCE !!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and also how would we in Wales get the United Nations to recognise our right to be a sovereign country? Which nations would support us and put it forward to vote at the Security Council or General Assembley in New York?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 am

Citysince1964 wrote:

Fully agree. We are too small a country and our economy would never survive.

The Welsh have such a defeatist attitude :(

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:44 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -29154539/

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Would anyone like to point out the benefit for Wales being a republic as other than the 'pride' of being a seperate country I cannot think of one positive impact that it would have.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Bunk wrote:Would anyone like to point out the benefit for Wales being a republic as other than the 'pride' of being a seperate country I cannot think of one positive impact that it would have.

:ayatollah: