Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ASDA down the bay, and SAINSBURYS in cardiff

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:26 pm

text from my mate, who is on duty in cardiff tonight. word for word....

''we have just dealt with around 60 youths looking to cause trouble outside asda down the bay, and sainsburys in town has been done again!''

(before you have a go, only posting the text from copper mate i just recieved)

Re: ASDA down the bay, and SAINSBURYS in cardiff

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm

milly44 wrote:text from my mate, who is on duty in cardiff tonight. word for word....

''we have just dealt with around 60 youths looking to cause trouble outside asda down the bay, and sainsburys in town has been done again!''

done again ? :?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm

milly44 wrote:text from my mate, who is on duty in cardiff tonight. word for word....

PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they will all be in bed wouldnt they :lol:
nah i think its a matter of time

i will be stood out side the CCS with a pitchfork :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm

i text back to ask about the done again bit, and he replied yes! :lol:

im guesing there are small icolated incidents everywhere, just not to the scale of manchester, birmingham and london, lets hope it stays that way , wales is better than that :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 pm

milly44 wrote:i text back to ask about the done again bit, and he replied yes! :lol:

im guesing there are small icolated incidents everywhere, just not to the scale of manchester, birmingham and london, lets hope it stays that way , wales is better than that :ayatollah:

agreed
some people do deserve a slap mind :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:54 pm

this really grates me. however small the incident, these fookers need a good kicking.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Midfield general wrote:is this true..?

I wouldnt put it if i didnt believe him.

hes txt me lots tonight with updates and always said its peaceful all over cardiff, but text me at 23:10 saying the above.

who knows. I hope its not true.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 pm

its been on sky news saying that gangs are trying to get riots going in cardiff

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

griffy wrote:its been on sky news saying that gangs are trying to get riots going in cardiff

when was that mate?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 pm

was told that about 20mins ago, along with a picture of JD sports in Leckwith with its window smashed, and the 24 hour mcdonalds has been told to close

Not sure how reliable it all is, but it's on twitter and there's a lot of people saying the same things. I might pop over myself and have a look...

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:28 pm

rumours going about that The Mitre pub in Riverside has been set on fire? anyone in that area to confirm anything?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:29 pm

griffy wrote:was told that about 20mins ago, along with a picture of JD sports in Leckwith with its window smashed, and the 24 hour mcdonalds has been told to close

Not sure how reliable it all is, but it's on twitter and there's a lot of people saying the same things. I might pop over myself and have a look...

I just posted this on CCMB in reply to someone who posted the pictures of JD on twitter:

For what it's worth, I can confirm that a group of kids have attempted to break in to JD Sports in the bay.

My brother works nights in one of those retail units in the bay, he locked up and finished early and is now on his way home after seeing what was going on with JD. It probably won't lead to anything but not really worth the risk getting caught up in it.

He said it looked like there were only 5-10 from a distance but when he drove past it was more like 20 odd. The only damage he could see was the window. He passed the police on his way out so it looks like they're aware of it.

On a side note, I think something is going on in Bristol again. I live fairly central and the chopper has been around this area allnight. Not seen anything yet though..

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:32 pm

griffy wrote:was told that about 20mins ago, along with a picture of JD sports in Leckwith with its window smashed, and the 24 hour mcdonalds has been told to close

There isn't a JD Sports at Leckwith

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:

The JD Sports that has had the windows smashed is in Cardiff Bay retail park.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Sorry, the retail park

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Scratch that just saw the police report, it's JD Sports down by Asda at Cardiff Bay. No entry gained all over.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 pm

quite possible, asda is part of the retail park isnt it?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 pm

milly44 wrote:quite possible, asda is part of the retail park isnt it?

It's not the retail park near our stadium but the one down the bay with Boots and Argos.

It was something and nothing.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:
milly44 wrote:quite possible, asda is part of the retail park isnt it?

It's not the retail park near our stadium but the one down the bay with Boots and Argos.

It was something and nothing.

i know i said it was the adsa down the bay :lol:
it seems it, just passing on info. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am

Worrying, I'm running a shift in a sainsburys and a pub near has just gone up in smoke:( f*cking to close for comfort

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:16 am

But I'm in Bedfordshire guys so don't panic

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 am

i wish they go away to a different country like

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:24 am

Or just stop it, it's gonna carry on I guess for a while yet :(

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 am

Shit! I live across the road from the Bay retail park. Funnily enough there was a chopper over us about 11-12 last night.