Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales - Australia

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Haven't seen tomorrow's game mentioned on here recently so I just thought I'd ask who's going ? :ayatollah:

Should be a decent game since we actually have a full-strength squad at our disposal. The only injury absentee who is a shoe-in starter is Collins so we're not missing a whole host of players for once !

Australia look a decent side but with our full XI out I'd fancy us to put a couple past them really.

Re: Wales - Australia

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Haven't seen tomorrow's game mentioned on here recently so I just thought I'd ask who's going ? :ayatollah:

Should be a decent game since we actually have a full-strength squad at our disposal. The only injury absentee who is a shoe-in starter is Collins so we're not missing a whole host of players for once !

Australia look a decent side but with our full XI out I'd fancy us to put a couple past them really.

Were's it being played mate? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Haven't seen tomorrow's game mentioned on here recently so I just thought I'd ask who's going ? :ayatollah:

Incredible, a Cardiff City fan that doesn't even realise Wales are playing an international at the CARDIFF CITY STADIUM tommorow.

By the way I reckon we could do them, would be good for confidence to beat a decent team.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:

CCS

i didnt even know it was tomorrow. we usually never play the same day as wales.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Incredible, a Cardiff City fan that doesn't even realise Wales are playing an international at the CARDIFF CITY STADIUM tommorow.

By the way I reckon we could do them, would be good for confidence to beat a decent team.

So is there a law that i must know were EVERY Wales game is being played?

After all they have played Friendlys at Park Y Scarlets & the Liberty & the Racecourse?

Some people!

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

After all they have played Friendlys at Park Y Scarlets & the Liberty & the Racecourse?

Some people!

I don't blame you to be honest - the FAW are pretty useless with marketing/advertising the games anyway :lol:

Don't know how much of a crowd will be there tomorrow though. We're playing a decent team in the Aussies and the team we'll put out will be full-strength so hopefully there should be a reasonable attendance !

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

Some people!

I don't blame you to be honest - the FAW are pretty useless with marketing/advertising the games anyway :lol:

Don't know how much of a crowd will be there tomorrow though. We're playing a decent team in the Aussies and the team we'll put out will be full-strength so hopefully there should be a reasonable attendance !

I know, and they are wondering why there arnt many there. :lol:

Not many most probs, about 10k? Wouldnt mind going down there, not watched Wales since we played Finland last, sorry to say. :oops: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:

CCS

i didnt even know it was tomorrow. we usually never play the same day as wales.

Last year was exactly the same as this - we played Luxembourg at Parc y Scarlets the same day as CCFC were at home to Burton Albion.

Weirdly, the two matches clashed last year because CCFC had played their first game of the season on a Sunday on Sky against Sheffield United, so naturally the League Cup game was pushed back to Wednesday, and this year is exactly the same, with our opening game of the season away to West Ham on a Sunday on TV :lol: The first round of the Carling Cup is scheduled for the first Tuesday of the season, so obviously any opening league games that took place on a Sunday will be pushed back, with the likelihood of clashing with the internationals.

So blame Sky/BBC for all this :lol:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

Some people!

I know, and they are wondering why there arnt many there. :lol:

Not many most probs, about 10k? Wouldnt mind going down there, not watched Wales since we played Finland last, sorry to say. :oops: :ayatollah:

I was there that day - awful stuff :cry:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:45 pm

There wasnt even a word for it. :lol:

Played worse than well anything.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 am

hennesey

gunter
williams
morgan
rickets

bale
ledley
ramsey
bellamy

morrison
earnshaw

a team capable of beating the aussies

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 am

samdm94 wrote:hennesey

gunter
williams
morgan
rickets

bale
ledley
ramsey
bellamy

morrison
earnshaw
Don't think rickets will play I'm sure he is injured! Probably play Danny Collins out there! And maybe Adam Matthews in place of Gunter!

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:50 am

Why wouldn't you be going to Oxford rather than watching that shite? :D

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:51 am

brewer918 wrote:
samdm94 wrote:hennesey

gunter
williams
morgan
rickets

bale
ledley
ramsey
bellamy

morrison
earnshaw
Don't think rickets will play I'm sure he is injured! Probably play Danny Collins out there! And maybe Adam Matthews in place of Gunter!

forgot about them cheers mate :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:25 am

i don't think i can bare to watch it the TV. wales are like watching paint dry.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 am

murphy wrote:i don't think i can bare to watch it the TV. wales are like watching paint dry.

Woud you watch us if we were good?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 am

harold pinta wrote:
murphy wrote:i don't think i can bare to watch it the TV. wales are like watching paint dry.

yes, if we had a good crowd and an atmosphere there.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:46 am

murphy wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

If ever a facepalm smiley was needed. Oh well suppose this will do :roll:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:31 am

murphy wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

We might have a good crowd and atmosphere if people like yourself went along to watch it :roll:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 am

blueheaven wrote:
murphy wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

We might have a good crowd and atmosphere if people like yourself went along to watch it :roll:

sorry, i used to watch wales regular when we decent but now we have become one of the most passionless teams on the planet i will just stick to the bluebirds.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:25 am

Too many Englishmen playing for Wales nowadays , just coz u have 1 Welsh grandparent doesnt make u Welsh when uve spent all your life in England ! No hwyl Im afraid :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Too many Englishmen playing for Wales nowadays , just coz u have 1 Welsh grandparent doesnt make u Welsh when uve spent all your life in England ! No hwyl Im afraid :evil: :evil: :evil:

exactly!!! get rid of ash williams first. i can't stand the jack c**t.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Really wish I was going, first Wales home game I've missed in a while. Unfortunately fund don't allow :(

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Too many Englishmen playing for Wales nowadays , just coz u have 1 Welsh grandparent doesnt make u Welsh when uve spent all your life in England ! No hwyl Im afraid :evil: :evil: :evil:

sad state of affairs but if we had better welsh born players the would be picked before to english born lads