Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

News the Riots may have overshadowed

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:52 am

- Bellamy was pictured speaking to Malky at the Vale yesterday

- Rumours over Facebook and general whispers surfaced again yesterday linking us with McGugan again. No credible sources from what I can gather though

- We've got a threadbare team/squad going into tonights game against Oxford. Three youth team academy players have been drafted into the squad for the first time (sorry I've forgotten their names). Malky has called for a overhaul of the initial stages of the League Cup and suggested it should mirror the Scottish format whereby first round matches are played before the season kicks off. Good call IMO, because for the last 3 seasons at least we've had squad resource trouble in the first round, the FA needs to address.

- Malky's confident he will add to the squad prior to the end of August and if needs be end of September in the loan window. He advised at yesterdays pre Oxford conference new players will be brought in, however no new official targets at this point - the club are keeping things quite close to their chest atm, and rightly so.

- Toshack has been named Macedonia manager and will come up against us in our group

- Good international game in prospect tonight, for those not going to Oxford. For the first time in a long while we've got a virtually fully fit squad to select from. Should give Australia a good game and IMO we should be beating teams like them at home. Additionally, a player from the Welsh squad was quoted yesterday as saying the set up under Speed is a lot more professional. Hopefully this indicates a bright future.

- One reported transfer target that has seemingly escaped us is Matt Derbyshire. He signed for Forest yesterday.

- Two further international call ups from our squad were both to Scotland (surprise surprise) earlier this week. These were Mcnaughton and Cowie.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Re: News the Riots may have overshadowed

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:02 am

Filipe Kiss is out with a thigh strain and Steve Mc Phail is still a few weeks behind in training still .

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Filipe Kiss is out with a thigh strain and Steve Mc Phail is still a few weeks behind in training still .

Any ideas how long Kiss is out for mate?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:41 am

JonScam wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Filipe Kiss is out with a thigh strain and Steve Mc Phail is still a few weeks behind in training still .

Any ideas how long Kiss is out for mate?

Malky said in press conference 1 week so he may be in the Bristol C squad ??

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 am

what gets me is that we have a international at the same time, its f*cking ludicrous :evil:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:24 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:what gets me is that we have a international at the same time, its f*cking ludicrous :evil:

Exactly, load of wank mate. It makes me laugh because there are people paid a fairly good wage to coordinate thr structure of the season, and how it interacts with international football etc.

I get the impression the FA and Football League dont hold any sort of post season review to discuss issues that may have arisen during the season, and to integrate the relevant learnings.

The same mistakes are made every year...ridiculous.