Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay's Cardiff City

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:37 pm

This is a completely new era and in my opinion i think some fans need to get a new attitude. Malky has brought positivity and hard work, almost a complete change from our principles last year. Watching Malky Mackay's interview following the West Ham game i didn't hear him say one negative word. Now i know it's very early on but i think that this new mentality will work and the signs are already showing. Perhaps a positive attitude is needed amongst some of the more negative fans.

Refering to the Kenny Miller utter shit thread, everyone is entitiled to there opinion but its too early to be making rash comments like that. I agree that Kenny didn't have the best game but we need to be patient with him. Some great strikers have taken a while to get going and Im sure Kenny is one of them. He's scored goals at almost every level.

I think maybe some fans are hungover from the Dave Jones era. I remember Dave Jones being very negative in many of his press match conferences. This form of thinking didn't get us to the Premier League last year. We need to be positive and optimistic. Its exciting times for this club, a new young manager and a great foundation is being built. Personally I feel positivity is key as we move forward as a football club.

New manager, new players, new attitude? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malky Mackay's Cardiff City

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:54 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:This is a completely new era and in my opinion i think some fans need to get a new attitude. Malky has brought positivity and hard work, almost a complete change from our principles last year. Watching Malky Mackay's interview following the West Ham game i didn't hear him say one negative word. Now i know it's very early on but i think that this new mentality will work and the signs are already showing. Perhaps a positive attitude is needed amongst some of the more negative fans.

Refering to the Kenny Miller utter shit thread, everyone is entitiled to there opinion but its too early to be making rash comments like that. I agree that Kenny didn't have the best game but we need to be patient with him. Some great strikers have taken a while to get going and Im sure Kenny is one of them. He's scored goals at almost every level.

I think maybe some fans are hungover from the Dave Jones era. I remember Dave Jones being very negative in many of his press match conferences. This form of thinking didn't get us to the Premier League last year. We need to be positive and optimistic. Its exciting times for this club, a new young manager and a great foundation is being built. Personally I feel positivity is key as we move forward as a football club.

New manager, new players, new attitude? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The old manager would have said "We rode our luck" against West Ham, and that
"lady luck" was with us at times.

Malky pretty much made it sound like it all went to plan, that we stuck to our
guns with more people making their debuts than in the history of the game
and that we deserved the win for our efforts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:09 pm

I am one of those negative fans and will admit I always see the bad side to everything where our beloved club is concerned but even I feel refreshed under Malky.

I thought the attitude of the players on Sunday was fantastic and Rudy embraced it when he came on. His hard work and chasing of the lost cause led to an opportunity which Miller took, very will in my opinion as despite what some say, it wasn't an easy finish.

New players need time to settle in. Look how long it took Andy Cole to settle at Man U after being a goal scoring machine at Newcastle. I for one am confident in Millers ability to score goals which is the reason he's here. More importantly I trust Malky to make the right choices when it comes to personnel.

I have written this season off and my only expectation is finishing 21st or higher in this division. This season for me is a re-building season. I do feel hopeful though that it will be somehwhat better than that after what I have seen so far.

I am now converted - in Malky I trust! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Good thread and not just cos it's not about rioting lol,
Totally agree....I watched the interview also and agree , he's set his stall out. I did do a topic on it but the whitts interview pre Oxford was also good, positive to,

I like Malky a lot, far better and far more positive and focused than DJ ever was,

It could be the difference this year :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:25 pm

01443casual wrote:I am one of those negative fans and will admit I always see the bad side to everything where our beloved club is concerned but even I feel refreshed under Malky.

I thought the attitude of the players on Sunday was fantastic and Rudy embraced it when he came on. His hard work and chasing of the lost cause led to an opportunity which Miller took, very will in my opinion as despite what some say, it wasn't an easy finish.

New players need time to settle in. Look how long it took Andy Cole to settle at Man U after being a goal scoring machine at Newcastle. I for one am confident in Millers ability to score goals which is the reason he's here. More importantly I trust Malky to make the right choices when it comes to personnel.

I have written this season off and my only expectation is finishing 21st or higher in this division. This season for me is a re-building season. I do feel hopeful though that it will be somehwhat better than that after what I have seen so far.

I am now converted - in Malky I trust! :ayatollah:

21st??

f**k me thats not negative, thats 'throw me off the Clifton Bridge' suicidal!!!! :lol: