Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How did Joe Ralls do tonight?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:22 pm

I see he replaced Taylor - anyone know how he got on?

I hear big things about this boy - interested to see how he did.

Thanks.

Re: How did Joe Ralls do tonight?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Thought he did well, the better of the youngsters involved.

Farah started ok but faded badly and was poor second half.
Evans was poor throughout, don't See him in the first team anytime soon.
Jarvis as sub worked hard, got a goal, needs a better first touch.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Joe ralls impressed me, Alex Evans was poor, farah started well but never stopped trying and chased down a lot full of running, jarvis was ok. As of some of the others, gypes was unfit, Quinn was ok, Conway was average, Taylor average, gestede went missing, taiwo went off injured, naylor usual shit. Whittingham pure class, Heaton safe, can't remember any more i'am to tired to think.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:29 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Joe ralls impressed me, Alex Evans was poor, farah started well but never stopped trying and chased down a lot full of running, jarvis was ok. As of some of the others, gypes was unfit, Quinn was ok, Conway was average, Taylor average, gestede went missing, taiwo went off injured, naylor usual shit. Whittingham pure class, Heaton safe, can't remember any more i'am to tired to think.

there we are the 'oracle' has spoken!! we won against a commited side from league 2 ! WON! with a very makeshift team!

i thought it was a committed performance! and the team gave 100% . for 120 mins! f**k off back to your ps3!! :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:46 am

darko wrote:
llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Joe ralls impressed me, Alex Evans was poor, farah started well but never stopped trying and chased down a lot full of running, jarvis was ok. As of some of the others, gypes was unfit, Quinn was ok, Conway was average, Taylor average, gestede went missing, taiwo went off injured, naylor usual shit. Whittingham pure class, Heaton safe, can't remember any more i'am to tired to think.

there we are the 'oracle' has spoken!! we won against a commited side from league 2 ! WON! with a very makeshift team!

i thought it was a committed performance! and the team gave 100% . for 120 mins! f**k off back to your ps3!! :roll:

What a prick , didn't say they didn't, give 100%, didn't say they weren't committed, didn't say we didn't ! WIN ! So you think my assessment of the players is incorrect? By the way got an xbox not a ps3.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:
darko wrote:

What a prick , didn't say they didn't, give 100%, didn't say they weren't committed, didn't say we didn't ! WIN ! So you think my assessment of the players is incorrect? By the way got an xbox not a ps3.

Come on then Darko, let's have your opinion on how our players faired? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:54 am

darko wrote:

Erm.... the lad WENT tonight, he's more entitled to his opinion than any of
us. He watched the game, spent money getting there. Wind your neck in!!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:Thought he did well, the better of the youngsters involved.

Farah started ok but faded badly and was poor second half.
Evans was poor throughout, don't See him in the first team anytime soon.
Jarvis as sub worked hard, got a goal, needs a better first touch.

It's all about opinions but i disagree with you. I think all 3 youngsters did very well all though none are any where near a league start.

Farah's 1st half was excellent and whilst agreeing that he faded in 2nd half i though he did well in extra time (didn't he hit the bar in the 2nd half of normal time?). He could do with a loan spell elsewhere to aid his development.

Jarvis took his goal well and could probably do with a loan spell at a conference/league 2 club to help toughen him up.

I thought Evans did really well and was composed on the ball-a young Gabbidon in the making (minus the injuries).

The future looks bright and it is good to see the kids coming through.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 am

taffyapple wrote:
darko wrote:

Erm.... the lad WENT tonight, he's more entitled to his opinion than any of
us. He watched the game, spent money getting there. Wind your neck in!!

Cheers taffyapple

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:54 am

Some one might value someone else's opinion more than another persons, but nobody is entitled to an opinion more than some one else, an opinion is exactly that!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 am

so being negative 8 players gone on international duty played 4 young players who just got thrown in the deep end and i think they done themselves proud. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 am

JW_Bluebird96 wrote:so being negative 8 players gone on international duty played 4 young players who just got thrown in the deep end and i think they done themselves proud. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How on earth I'd assessing someone's performance negative??
I don't see why people should make things up just so they aren't seen to be negative.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 pm

This forum can be very bitchy at times, if I said all the players were perfect and never made a single mistake, they all deserve 10 out of 10 then would I be wrong. I do agree they deserve 10 out of 10 for commitment and effort, and there were a few of the up and coming youngsters involved, also many 1st team players missing, and they need time to gel.
But at the end of the day I am entitled to my opinion, which I must say was the same as my 2 mates that travelled to the game with me.
Cheers for now, and have a nice day.
Bring on Bristol city!

I Carn read, an I Carn rite, butt I cann drrive arr tractorrr!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 pm

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:This forum can be very bitchy at times, if I said all the players were perfect and never made a single mistake, they all deserve 10 out of 10 then would I be wrong. I do agree they deserve 10 out of 10 for commitment and effort, and there were a few of the up and coming youngsters involved, also many 1st team players missing, and they need time to gel.
But at the end of the day I am entitled to my opinion, which I must say was the same as my 2 mates that travelled to the game with me.
Cheers for now, and have a nice day.
Bring on Bristol city!

I Carn read, an I Carn rite, butt I cann drrive arr tractorrr!

I agree, and generally agreed with you assessment :ayatollah: